31 goals in 30 gmes...

I would rather see someone who can score and also play football. As i have said before i don't see him any better than a super-sub. If he would stay at Ibrox in that role is another question.

If Sebo is the one to fill the role i am afraid i have very strong doubts about that. It is the viscious circle i suppose, if he dosn't get a run he can't perform but if he dosn't perform then he won't get a run.

Elderslie what is a half-back? Am I too young for this term? Only heard it in Rugby before.

Gazza, I have to be honest mate I don't remember Boyd missing any sitters before he scored, however he should've done better when Ford slipped on his arse.

And Pete can't disagree with too much you said re Boyd. However Boyd is the best option we have in terms of striking options so we should start backing him.

Elderslie what is a half-back? Am I too young for this term? Only heard it in Rugby before.

Gazza, I have to be honest mate I don't remember Boyd missing any sitters before he scored, however he should've done better when Ford slipped on his arse.

And Pete can't disagree with too much you said re Boyd. However Boyd is the best option we have in terms of striking options so we should start backing him.

Half back ?

A team in the old days used to be set up with goalkeeper, 2 fullbacks, 3 halfbacks, 2 wingers, 2 inside men and a centre forward.

Barry Ferguson is a half back.

:)

Half back ?

A team in the old days used to be set up with goalkeeper, 2 fullbacks, 3 halfbacks, 2 wingers, 2 inside men and a centre forward.

Barry Ferguson is a half back.

:)

:thup:

Cheers mate heard of inside men before, but half backs was a nw one.

I wouldn't call Fergie a half back as that would presumably mean he was a CENTRE half as he plays in the middle. As we've moved from 2-3-5 to 4-4-2, the centre half is now two and become central defenders ie centre backs in the modern vernacular.

He's more of an inside right to me.

I think for 2-3-5 it was:

.................................Goalkeeper

...........................RightBack...LeftBack

....................RightHalf...CentreHalf...LeftHalf

RightWing......................................................LeftWing

..............InsideRight...CentreForward...InsideLeft

And now for 4-4-2

RightBack...(Right)CentreBack...(Left)CentreBack...LeftBack

.RightWing...(Right)CentreMid...(Left)CentreMid...LeftWing

....................(Right)Forward...(Left)Forward

4-4-2 in old money:

RightBack...(Right)CentreHalf...(Left)CentreHalf...LeftBack

........RightWing...InsideRight...IndsideLeft...LeftWing

................(Centre)Forward...(Centre)Forward

I think the funny thing is that Boyd played pretty well in my eyes on Sunday. He was in position for a few good chances and converted one, and he also created a few good chances for others, one of which was converted.

He also got in a couple of tackles and was involved in a few moves.

Decent day at the office if you ask me.

He missed a chance that led to Prso's overhead kick. OK, he made contact and the defender blocked the shot but I don't think it was going in. I might just be hard to please when it comes to him though.

All these years we've been crying out for a penalty box striker to put the ball in the net and when we finally have one (the most prolific Scottish striker in years to say the least!) we aren't happy.

Christ, if only we had Boyd when Advocaat was here, we would be running fucking rings around teams.

He missed a chance that led to Prso's overhead kick. OK, he made contact and the defender blocked the shot but I don't think it was going in. I might just be hard to please when it comes to him though.

Fair do's. Can't really mind what led to Prso's overhead kick, but i'll take ur word for it.:thup: