31 goals in 30 gmes...

Wait a minute should PLG not be forming the team ariound Boyd, not forcing Boyd to change. The boy is a machine and yet he only plays half the games. As fro Sebo he looks mince, but has hardly played 90 mins so it's a bit unfair to judge him on what we have seen

Why does Boyd still get criticised ?...I thought that was the object of the game,to score goals!!!

Seems to be because "that's all he does". That seems to be the criticism being leveled at him, that he doesn't bring anything else to the team other than finishing.

Its obviously too early to judge Sebo as he's not had a run in the team yet. But what is worrying is that when I have seen him, he's not shown any flashes of brilliance or anything that's made me think he just needs time and games. Which is worrying.

Wait a minute should PLG not be forming the team ariound Boyd, not forcing Boyd to change. The boy is a machine and yet he only plays half the games. As fro Sebo he looks mince, but has hardly played 90 mins so it's a bit unfair to judge him on what we have seen

spot on. i dont give a shit how bad he is out side the box as long as hes banging in the goals. and he wont get any better sitting on the bench either. think leguen has come round to boyd though, especially so after subbing novo on thursday after boyd hadnt kicked a ball all night. proved everybody wrong by leaving boyd on so maybe leguen has seen the light.

He a great poacher, no doubt.

BUT.................... he needs to do more chasing to help the rest of his team.

He can't win though the more time chasing for the team, the less time in the box where he is most prominent.

More chasing = Less goals

Less chasing = More goals + unhappy gaffer

Just wish le Gaffer would let him do what he does best.

He can't win though the more time chasing for the team, the less time in the box where he is most prominent.

More chasing = Less goals

Less chasing = More goals + unhappy gaffer

Just wish le Gaffer would let him do what he does best.

I'm not saying he should be chasing back to the half-way line. What I'm on about is closing down defenders or the keeper when the ball is deep in their half. Saving one of the half-backs from coming forward to do it.

Having played a fair bit of football myself, all I can say is, I'm glad I'm not a midfielder in the same team as Boyd having to do HIS work as well as my own.

Yes he scores goals but he's a lazy cunt! If a ball isn't played into his feet then he won't bother his arse running for it. Also, his 1st touch is non existent and his 2nd touch is usually a tackle.

His 1st touch is normally a goal.