Union Bears statement

Of course, after Hillsborough, the Andrew Mitchell case and multiple other cases, the veracity of anything the police say has to be taken with a generous pinch of salt.

More so than the punter on the street trying to defend their own actions ?

I'd say the whole sorry saga would have been avoided by a bit of common sense from both sides.

If a police officer tells you to shut up then you shut the fuck up. If you chose to ignore him then you will be arrested, that is common sense.

If you see a person being arrested and you try to defend them then you will also be arrested, that is common sense.

The vast police presence, particularly in BF1 is intimidating. Intimidation + crowds, especially passionate crowds, causes tension. Add a red card & a jobsworth or alcohol into the mix and you have a recipe for disaster, that is common sense.

The police need to relax a little, but we also have to stop thinking we are above the law. There must be a common ground and the supporters groups and police need to find this or it will only get worse.

I'd say the whole sorry saga would have been avoided by a bit of common sense from both sides.

If a police officer tells you to shut up then you shut the fuck up. If you chose to ignore him then you will be arrested, that is common sense.

If you see a person being arrested and you try to defend them then you will also be arrested, that is common sense.

The vast police presence, particularly in BF1 is intimidating. Intimidation + crowds, especially passionate crowds, causes tension. Add a red card & a jobsworth or alcohol into the mix and you have a recipe for disaster, that is common sense.

The police need to relax a little, but we also have to stop thinking we are above the law. There must be a common ground and the supporters groups and police need to find this or it will only get worse.

As do the police.

Why should that be the case though? more so the first one about being told to shut the fuck up.

Why should that be the case though? more so the first one about being told to shut the fuck up.

Because at the end of the day they are in charge. As long as the OBB is in place we don't have a leg to stand on. When you don't do as you are told then you should be prepared to be arrested.

I'm not saying it is right at all, I'm saying it is what will happen.

As do the police.

Yep, as I said there has to be a compromise.

Unfortunately, in my opinion, the OBB gives them the same kind of authority as the terror act gives the American pd for terrorist suspects in terms of the fact no evidence, or very little little evidence, is required to eject or ban a person from a football ground.

Speak how you wish to be spoken too. If the fan said that to the cop then I don't see any problem with the cop speaking like that back to the fan. That goes for the cop too. We'll never know the full story but some will know more than others.

And no Police horse ever gets spooked eh?

If a police horse can be spooked by a loud bang it should not be on the street.At the end of the game children walk past these horses outside the subway,if a horse gets spooked for any reason and kicks out killing a child ,who is responsible ? Police horses are not meant to get spooked even under the sound of gunfire