The 153 SPL players who are free to find a new club in January

I think you're being a bit harsh there GS. Cribari had a shaky start but he's been steadily improving. Argyriou was the opposite, looking like a real find at first before a hefty dip in form. Faure hasn't been involved enough - certainly not in his best position - to form an opinion. Shiels has done well overall. Sandaza's probably been the worst of the bunch and we only signed him because he'd proven himself at the top level of our game.

I can't believe we gers fans can still have this "foreign mercenary" attitude after watching so many of our so called bluenoses and youth products jump ship in the summer while the majority of the foreigners TUPE'd over.

"Foreigner mercenaries" and foreigners who happen to be shit at football are two different issues and you're putting words in GS mouth there.

"Foreigner mercenaries" and foreigners who happen to be shit at football are two different issues and you're putting words in GS mouth there.

They might well be two different issues, but I don't see how I'm putting words in anyone's mouth.

They might well be two different issues, but I don't see how I'm putting words in anyone's mouth.

Your post appears to suggest he doesn't rate our foreign purchases because they are foreign mercenaries and not just because he thinks they are crap at football. Almost accusing him of xenophobia.

my point was that ignoring SPL players just because they aren't playing abroad is daft.

I agree with you. I don't have a problem with us signing SPL players.

Funnily enough though it does bring us back to my earlier point about Sandaza, who might still manage to find his scoring boots again. That still wouldn't change my opinion of him. He might be SPL class but he isn't Rangers class. I actually think he's one of McCoist's worst signings so far.

cibari and argyriou are the first two i would replace with hately and mcgowan or better foreign imports if people prefer.

hately and mcgowan would be improvements on them though so i would be happy to take them.

I dont think we need to replace Argyriou though. I would let him go. Hegarty and Cole are more than capable to fill that RB position.

I dont think we need to replace Argyriou though. I would let him go. Hegarty and Cole are more than capable to fill that RB position.

I don't think we need to be letting any players go. Certainly not if it requires a golden handshake.

Hegarty did impress me while filling in at centre half - So much so that I thought he should keep his place in the team.

He might prove me wrong but I don't think he's a good option for right back. I'd like to see Cole given more of a chance.