Reconstruction talks

Matthew Lindsay ‏@MattLindsayET

SPL chief executive Neil Doncaster says 12-12-18 failed in Austria due to everyone wanting to "play the two biggest clubs in country". #spl

Matthew Lindsay ‏@MattLindsayET

Doncaster adds: "We don't have that problem at the moment." Well, no we don't.

:brick:

So he is saying that in 3years time when we get back into the top flight this plan will not work, does this prick ever actually listen to himself.

The tail is truly waging the dog.

Make that tail waging the elephant.

And why dont we have a vote on this? Only the other 29 member do?

Even good to see McInally of Peterhead agreeing.

As mentioned, its time to apply to the lower leagues down south. Id rather play Kettering town and Luton than any other SPL club....and any SFL club who votes for this jump into the bracket.

So he is saying that in 3years time when we get back into the top flight this plan will not work, does this prick ever actually listen to himself.

Maybe he's implying we are never getting back up again, which would be an equally deranged comment

as off this morning celtic were standing at odds of 1 / 100 to win the spl and 4 / 5 for the cup does anybody think sky and espn are interested in this one horse race they need a strong rangers in the top flight as soon as possible but we have the ball at our feet we can seek conncessions lifting the ban on buying players for a start any lunatic will tell you the outcome of any one horse race and sky will soon be looking at what value they are getting from any television deal .

Again I ask - have these proposed reconstructed leagues got a TV deal or new sponsors to replace the CB & Barrs Irn Bru whose deals finish at the end of the season ? if not where's the money coming from to pay all of these SFL clubs?

EAST FIFE chairman Sid Collumbine WON’T vote for changes to come into play next season.

The New Bayview chief accepts there is a need for change.

But he reckons moving the goalposts midway through the campaign would leave some clubs chasing play-off spots out of pocket for nothing.

He said: “As far as I’m concerned, I won’t vote for anything that changes next season.

“When you start a new season you know the goalposts and to change it halfway through the season isn’t fair.

“It would mean a lot of clubs have wasted a lot of money, especially if they are just going to be in the same division anyway.

“If they do it for the following year, I’d be happy to vote for change.

“There’s definitely a need for change, no question about it.

“But I’ve spoken to a few clubs who have been spending money to try and reach the play-offs and they agree with me.

“We’ve spent a bit of money trying to reach the play-offs and that would be wasted if we agree to this.”

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/4735793/Sid-aint-keen-on-quick-fix.html#ixzz2HWt1l7rA