The Transfer Rumours and Deals - Thread January 2013

Since we don't have one ... here's a collection (all links):

DECEMBER

Cammy Bell & Ryan Fraser

AMcC on Cammy Bell - Nothing in those rumours at the moment. We've keeping ourselves up to date with players that may be available.

AMcC on Ryan Fraser - There's nothing in that. Craig Brown hit the nail on the head, if there was any interest I'd pick up the phone to him.

Gers eye Andy Halliday

Murray Davidson for nothing

153 freebies available in January

Our squad is not for sale

JANUARY

Gers want Humphrey

New deal talks with Alexander

New deal for Hegarty

McGowan linked to Gers after 10 month China deal

Kenny Miller - Bring me back

Aussie keeper Mathew Ryan on trial

I just collected what I had (over on the German board) and any new info can be added, of course ;)

DB can you put up a link to the German board again please. I would like to have a look.

Central Coast Mariners call off goalkeeper Mat Ryan's trial with Rangers

Mat Ryan's trial spell with Rangers has been called off because of a shoulder injury sustained by the goalkeeper.

The Central Coast Mariners player was due to spend 10 days training with the Third Division club, with a view to potentially signing a pre-contract agreement.

Rangers are free to sign players when a registration embargo ends on September 1.

Australia international Ryan would have missed his side's A-League clash with Melbourne Victory through travelling to Glasgow, but now could feature.

"While the injury is minor, both clubs have agreed that it is in Ryan's best interests to remain in Australia under the care of the Mariners' medical department for the foreseeable future," a statement from his club to the Sunday Morning Herald said.

Central Coast's general manager is Scottish-born Lawrie McKinna, who spent Christmas in Scotland and met with Rangers boss Ally McCoist.

“It is a credit to Mat and to our club that Ally was well aware of Mat’s ability and potential and immediately offered for him to join Rangers for a training spell," McKinna said before the trial was postponed.

"Mat is eager to take up the opportunity and we are sure he will learn a lot from the experience."

Ryan, 20, has three months left on his contract with Central Coast Mariners. He has made 13 appearances this term, conceding nine.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/208678-central-coast-mariners-call-off-goalkeeper-mat-ryans-trial-with-rangers/

RANGERS boss Ally McCoist is optimistic Neil Alexander will extend his contract following fresh talks with the experienced keeper.

The 34-year-old’s deal expires at the end of the season but McCoist spoke with Alexander yesterday and believes he will stay.

The Ibrox gaffer now hopes chief executive Charles Green and head of football administration Andrew Dickson can agree fresh terms with his No.1.

McCoist said: “I spoke to Neil this morning. We have had good discussions and

I’m hopeful Neil and his representatives can speak to Andrew and Charles.

“Neil has shown great loyalty to the club and has never been a problem. He’s a great trainer and his professionalism is fantastic.

“He works really well with (goalkeeping coach) Jim Stewart so it would be crazy not to encourage someone like that to stay.”

McCoist had looked at bringing Aussie goalie Matty Ryan in on trial – only for that move to fall through when the 20-year-old suffered a shoulder injury.

But Central Coast Mariners boss Graham Arnold won’t stand in Ryan’s way if Rangers come back in for him – because he’s also dreaming of plying his trade in the UK one day.

McCoist is keen to sign the youngster on a pre-contract ahead of Gers’ transfer embargo being lifted.

Several other sides are in for the No.1 – including Reading, Derby and Danish outfit Randers – but the Ibrox club are in the mix. Former Manchester United keeper Mark Bosnich may have slaughtered Ryan for even considering a drop to the Scottish lower leagues but the Mariners boss is looking at the bigger picture.

Arnold – who has been linked with English and Scottish clubs – said: “It really is a nervous time for a coach, especially here in Australia, when you have a lot of top young talent.

“I made a statement when I first came in that I’d judge my performance by how many millionaires I could make out of these players.

“I’ve probably already made four and there’s another couple that are maybe going to make it but I hope they stay and we somehow keep them till the end of term.”

It’s only a matter of time before Arnold’s own talents hit these shores.

Scottish agent Jim Harkins has been part of several Aussie moves, including former Celtic starlet Michael McGlinchey’s switch to the Mariners in 2009.

And he said: “I’m sure Graham has aspirations of managing in the UK.

“Someone will give him a chance either in England or Scotland. There could be a couple of jobs available in the SPL soon.”

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-boss-ally-mccoist-confident-1525192

Ryan Coming Next Week Written by Andrew Dickson

3b1f6cfb04191062fa576eb6c620f4fa_XL.jpg

AUSTRALIAN goalkeeper Mat Ryan is set to join Rangers on trial next Monday after a shoulder injury prevented him from travelling to Scotland this week.

The 20-year-old is highly rated in his homeland and has caught the attention of Light Blues manager Ally McCoist.

Pundits Down Under, who perhaps donâ??t appreciate the scale of Gers in light of their continuation in the SFL, have criticised the move.

But Ryan is keen to train in Glasgow and if his time here is successful, he could be someone the club looks to recruit when it is able to register players again later this year.

The youngster is currently contracted to Central Coast Mariners but hurt himself playing against Western Sydney Wanderers in the A-League on Sunday.

He could face Melbourne Victory in Launceston this Saturday and is then scheduled to make the trip to the UK.

Capped twice at full international level by the Socceroos, Ryan is being tipped for big things by observers in Oceania.

And McCoist has revealed he comes highly recommended by a number of his contacts in that part of the world, including Nine in a Row legend Ian Ferguson.

The manager said: â??Weâ??ve been informed Mat has had to go for a scan after a small injury last weekend and weâ??re hopeful things have just been put back a week.

â??Iâ??ve been told by his representatives heâ??ll be due to arrive in Scotland on Sunday night or Monday.

â??Weâ??ve watched videos of him and Iâ??ve spoken to Fergie over at Perth Glory about him along with one or two of the boys in Australia.

â??Heâ??s had nothing but glowing reports. Heâ??s a young goalkeeper with huge potential and I look forward to seeing him.â?

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/3089-ryan-coming-next-week