Loving Cup ceremony

Leggat - GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!

The annual first game of the year Loving Cup ceremony, in which the visiting directors are invited to join the Rangers Board and drink a toast to the Monarch, was filmed and shown on the big screens at half time.

Definitely not a monarchist myself, but I'd love for this to become a 'tradition' so that once we're back at the top the Celtic directors will be faced with the biennial dilemma of being seen to insult the Monarchy or being seen to betray a huge bulk of their fan base. That would be Pure Quality.

Definitely not a monarchist myself, but I'd love for this to become a 'tradition' so that once we're back at the top the Celtic directors will be faced with the biennial dilemma of being seen to insult the Monarchy or being seen to betray a huge bulk of their fan base. That would be Pure Quality.

Not sure Papa. We should never stoop so low to almost engineer an event to in turn shine a light on THEM. By all means have this tradition to celebrate but please let's not hijack this to score points against THEM.

Not sure Papa. We should never stoop so low to almost engineer an event to in turn shine a light on THEM. By all means have this tradition to celebrate but please let's not hijack this to score points against THEM.

I'd agree. It would be disrespectful to the Queen to turn this ceremony into a points scoring exercise.

The Celtic directors of the past have got tore into GSTQ and the toast, of course if they thought it was going to be played on the big screens at halftime they might change their tune a bit.