Neil Alexander rejects new contract

Don't quite get this attitude for footballers that rarely extends to far lesser paid mortals. I take you can understand a mechanic, plumber or builder charging you loads more than the next one as it's for the financial security of their children?

Every penny he takes for his "job" is paid for by hard working fans who are entitled to value. £1m is the average earnings of a lifetime; he wants that for two years "work". Maybe he can get that elsewhere but I'm not going to sympathise with him when it's our money.

Where on earth did I mention the money? I said security. Long term contract. I don't blame him. I'd rather know I had a two year job than a one year.

Where on earth did I mention the money? I said security. Long term contract. I don't blame him. I'd rather know I had a two year job than a one year.

I thought you were talking about financial security where money is the bottom line. If money has nothing to do with it, I'd be quite happy if he received a five year contract for 50 grand a year. Is that secure enough? I'd be very happy with a contract like that myself.

I thought you were talking about financial security where money is the bottom line. If money has nothing to do with it, I'd be quite happy if he received a five year contract for 50 grand a year. Is that secure enough? I'd be very happy with a contract like that myself.

Maybe you should drop Green an email then and let him know that's what it should be?

Personally I disagree but meh. I don't mind if he gets his deal.

Maybe you should drop Green an email then and let him know that's what it should be?

Personally I disagree but meh. I don't mind if he gets his deal.

But I thought I was agreeing with you...

520k a year for two years is too much for me, and obviously for Green too so no need to contact him. I'm finding your viewpoint quite confusing and you haven't answered the points I made.

You seem to be following the strange fashion for thinking of "pay them what they want" because it's not directly coming out of your bank account. I'm sure you are different when it comes to a quote for your kitchen, bathroom or MOT.

Maybe I need to reiterate my point:

It doesn't matter how much a person is asking for or how long a contract they want, you don't just give them what they want because you understand they want security.

We all want security but that doesn't mean we can demand as much money as we like from our employers and expect to get it. Alexander has been made a good offer for one year but he wants it for two; that's been turned down by his employer.

Perhaps if he takes a pay cut for the second year he will get the extension. We don't really know the details.

Charles Green, if nothing else seems to have his eye on the finances of the club, perhaps we need to give him a bit of trust in these kind of matters.

Personally, if players were on commensurate wages to the fans I'd be rooting for them a lot more, but can't understand why people have so much sympathy for someone who want "security" even though they've already been paid millions and have been offered another half million. Especially when it comes out of your own pocket.

I don't fancy a 20 year old goalie to be fair. I like my keepers to be older, fitness is not a big issue but concentration and experience is. It feels like a lot of money Alexander is looking for, I've no problem giving a keeper his age a 2 year deal but £10k a week to play in the SFL feels excessive.