RFFF statement

next to title-stripping my next biggest fear is that they try to impose massive fines on us running into millions of pounds just to put money into the SPL'empty bank account. After all Rangers are now financially secure & they won't like that will they?

A very valid fear imo Rab

Agreed, although you have to wonder what planet the justification, never mind precedent would arrive from if they tried to fine us for millions. Not only is there zero justification or precedent, but after decades of our club and fans supporting Scottish football financially they threw our league membership out of the window, so the SPL don't govern us any more. They can't fine us when they don't govern us and you'd like to think that they really don't govern us given what happened last year.

next to title-stripping my next biggest fear is that they try to impose massive fines on us running into millions of pounds just to put money into the SPL'empty bank account. After all Rangers are now financially secure & they won't like that will they?

Was it not part of the ''5 way agreement'' that newco is liable for oldco football debts?,and if so this is where the chunts can fine us,claiming it is a football debt?

I think the statement from the RFFF was more about intent than actually saying we are paying for this.

I don't think there is any harm in this. Our enemies know that not only the club will fight them, but the fans will fight them also.

I totally agree with JTP I think this is more of a statement than a banking decision.