RFFF statement

Sorry FS and GS, your attitudes on this really come across as if you have serious issues with Green. If you disagree with the decision of The RFFF committee then you could debate that but the immediate need to try and bring Green into a decision that has very little to do with him seems to show a bit of an obsessive attitude.

Sorry FS and GS, your attitudes on this really come across as if you have serious issues with Green. If you disagree with the decision of The RFFF committee then you could debate that but the immediate need to try and bring Green into a decision that has very little to do with him seems to show a bit of an obsessive attitude.

I dont have any issues with CG Bluedell, but I just dont see the need for this.

CG has bought those titles as part of a package of assets he bought - just like the stadium. I would therefore think that the responsibility for protecting those assets, which he is on record as saying are an investment, should be up to him.

I dont have any issues with CG Bluedell' date=' but I just dont see the need for this.

CG has bought those titles as part of a package of assets he bought - just like the stadium. I would therefore think that the responsibility for protecting those assets, which he is on record as saying are an investment, should be up to him.[/quote']

And I haven't seen any suggestion that he will not do that.

However to turn a statement by the RFFF on what they are planning to do with their excess funds into a Green-bashing thread seems unneccessary.

If the total costs of the action come to £1m and half of this is funded by the RFFF and the other half by the club then what's the problem?

I'm confident the folk on the RFFF committee will be acting in the best interests of those who donated to the fund last year. Perhaps any legal action determined by the RFFF on behalf of the oldco will be matched by Green on behalf of the newco.

I'm confident the folk on the RFFF committee will be acting in the best interests of those who donated to the fund last year. Perhaps any legal action determined by the RFFF on behalf of the oldco will be matched by Green on behalf of the newco.

The problem I have with that Frankie is how is it in the best interests of the oldco ? Hypothetically speaking, were titles to be stripped, they would be taken from the package Green bought, not something which is part of the oldco.

The problem I have with that Frankie is how is it in the best interests of the oldco ? Hypothetically speaking' date=' were titles to be stripped, they would be taken from the package Green bought, not something which is part of the oldco.[/quote']

That's arguably true but I think the reputation of the oldco needs to be defended as well despite the notion that Green bought the history.

Legally it may prove quite intricate so I've no issue with the RFFF supplementing any funds dedicated by the club. As others have said, I'd rather any of the recently invested money was kept for returning the club to the top rather than be tied up in what could be a lengthy legal battle.

FWIW, I don't think the SPL will strip our titles on the basis of a technicality so we may be having this debate again in a few months. ;)