Instant Success

What players have run onto the pitch for their debuts and been instant successes? Exclude experienced players transferred in.

Eric Caldow - immaculate from day 1.

John Greig- future captain written all over him.

Willie Henderson - instant dazzle.

Alec Scott - immediate scorer from the wing, early hat tricks.

Mentioning early hat tricks I saw the debuts at Easter Road - (don't ask) - 0f both Pat Stanton (utter class) and Colin Stein (archetypal centre forward). How

I hoped they'd wear the blue one day.

Young starters nowadays need a good bit of time before achieving consistency. Durrant and Derek Ferguson came on reasonably quickly but they started in a poor team. DJ did not bad.

Any others?

Kris Boyd scored a hat-trick on his Rangers debut although I suppose he could have been called an 'experienced' player by that point.

Chris Burke had a great debut for us, the Willie Henderson comparisons were being made all around me that night.

Gordon looked a nifty player for a while but he and Weiss were experienced players.

The players I named were all new to top league football. Caldow and Greig in particular looked like the finished article from the first kick of the ball.