How can we be running at a loss due to the wage bill?

No staff were made redundant

Not necessarily under Greens watch. At least not if you don't count the high earners he 'lost'. However, as muxh as everyone was questioning the lack of them, job cuts were made during admin

Not necessarily under Greens watch. At least not if you don't count the high earners he 'lost'. However, as muxh as everyone was questioning the lack of them, job cuts were made during admin

What? They rejected TUPE of their own accord, how the hell is that redundancy?

Not cuts were made, the playing staff wage cuts secured the jobs during admin and Green kept them all on.

Minimal money from Edu etc, we lost out on a tonne of money from playing assets thanks to the traitors.

I don't think the share issue money will be counting in this at the moment.

If we're still running at a loss in a year's time or so I'll be concerned.

the traitors done green a favour. had they all stayed we would have been back in admin within months.

I don't understand the wage bill aspect either - it could hardly be much lower. I assumed if we're making a loss it was due to other operational costs for the stadium and match day expenses. Our turnover must be over 20m this year so with a wage bill of 7m it means we're spending more than 13m on everything else. How much loss are we forecasting?

However, we used to have an income of over 50m and a wage bill of 30 odd million which left 20m for costs and still often made a loss. With the size of our crowds perhaps the costs have not been reduced.

Well, we should definitely see it all in the accounts this year. I pretty sure the share money doesn't count in the profit and loss statement.

Green could probably have reduced it through redundancies.

He could have done. It wouldn't have made much business sense though would it?

Like the OP points out, Green's been boasting about how we've reduced the wage bill to a fraction of turnover. In a recent interview he was actually presenting it as though we are a model club for financial fair play.

How can the wage bill then be blamed for us running at a loss? If there are other factors to account for the loss why not tell us about them? Is it possibly an attempt to get the support onside in making the the wage bill doesn't increase?

He could have done. It wouldn't have made much business sense though would it?

Like the OP points out, Green's been boasting about how we've reduced the wage bill to a fraction of turnover. In a recent interview he was actually presenting it as though we are a model club for financial fair play.

How can the wage bill then be blamed for us running at a loss? If there are other factors to account for the loss why not tell us about them? Is it possibly an attempt to get the support onside in making the the wage bill doesn't increase?

Well that would hardly make sense when he's talked about giving Ally a transfer budget.

I always have thought we're paying too much for this level but i'll be waiting for the first set of accounts before being concerned.

What? They rejected TUPE of their own accord, how the hell is that redundancy?

Not cuts were made, the playing staff wage cuts secured the jobs during admin and Green kept them all on.

I didn't claim it was redundancy. Losing a member of staff vs letting them go - It's the asme difference in terms of discussing job cuts to reduce the wage bill.

this news worries me if we have had a healthy sale of season tickets and a decent share issue of which my family are one and i cant see anyone at ibrox on super star wages simply because we dont have any superstars where is the money going to i thought the club was going to be more transparent uder the new owners its worrying to say the least .