SPL clubs give 'unanimous backing' to proposed reforms

we are still at the same stage. we were dead against any favours or fast tracking. we just need to get on with it. if that means no promotion then thats the way it is. we will be back in the spl in the same space of time.

So just roll over and take being screwed again then?

For all Doncaster's blather, I can't see why the league restructuring has to be in place for next season.

A vote could just as easily be taken on what structure the leagues will move to for the 2014/15 season rather than at the end of the one we're halfway through. That still creates certainty for a TV deal.

And there's nothing to say that the merging of the SPL and SFL couldn't take place for next season, while the rejigging of the divisions was held off for a while. It doesn't all have to happen at once.

I am highly suspicious. It doesn't make sense.

For all Doncaster's blather, I can't see why the league restructuring has to be in place for next season.

A vote could just as easily be taken on what structure the leagues will move to for the 2014/15 season rather than at the end of the one we're halfway through. That still creates certainty for a TV deal.

And there's nothing to say that the merging of the SPL and SFL couldn't take place for next season, while the rejigging of the divisions was held off for a while. It doesn't all have to happen at once.

I am highly suspicious. It doesn't make sense.

They're pushing for the changes now for a number of reasons. The events of last year and their own stupidity in dealing with the Rangers situation left them with some major issues in terms of their revenue from gates as well as their sponsorship and tv deals. They're now in panic and damage limitation mode and it also serves their agenda to try to push through changes while Rangers don't have any real say in the matter or any vote at the top table.

So just roll over and take being screwed again then?

i am afraid this is not something we can fight. we have no say on this matter. none whatsoever. its only being screwed in the sense there is no promotion but that is because the complete structure is changing. we will still be back in the top league in the same time frame mate.

i am afraid this is not something we can fight. we have no say on this matter. none whatsoever. its only being screwed in the sense there is no promotion but that is because the complete structure is changing. we will still be back in the top league in the same time frame mate.

We can fight it as much as possible and continue our searches for another league to go to.

At the very least fans should be compensated for all the money spent on a pointless competition.

They're pushing for the changes now for a number of reasons. The events of last year and their own stupidity in dealing with the Rangers situation left them with some major issues in terms of their revenue from gates as well as their sponsorship and tv deals. They're now in panic and damage limitation mode and it also serves their agenda to try to push through changes while Rangers don't have any real say in the matter or any vote at the top table.

But, as far as I can see, any financial/sponsorship/Tv rights issues would be resolved by merging the SPL and SFL. As long as there's one body, the top flight clubs can leech money out of a TV deal that features our matches. The changing of how many clubs are in each division can take place at any future, specified time - providing they decide on it now.

The only possible reasons for merging the 2nd and 3rd divisions at the end of this season are that:

A) They want us to be the team that suffers by winning the league and not receiving any benefit.

B) They want to bump us up an extra league to appease the TV companies.

And I'm fairly certain they've ruled out option B with their comments.

We can fight it as much as possible and continue out searches for another league to go to.

At the very least fans should be compensated for all the money spent on a pointless competition.

stop with this nonsense mate, i know you are better than this moving away crap. we are going nowhere.

i understand fans frustrations as this season is rendered pointless but it is what it is. we just need to get on with it. i think it is pointless getting upset over this.

Guest Geo the Ger

The Lawwell led SPL didn't listen to the fans. The vast majority didn't want 12-12-18 'cos they were fed up with the play each other 4 times (at least) a season scenario, but they did listen to the fans when trying to kick Gers into !st Division. Hope the SFL say no, on Thursday.

stop with this nonsense mate, i know you are better than this moving away crap. we are going nowhere.

i understand fans frustrations as this season is rendered pointless but it is what it is. we just need to get on with it. i think it is pointless getting upset over this.

We may not be able to stop them, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't be upset about it.

We need to publically state what they've done and why they've done it. And we need to redouble our support for the club in the face of injustice.