Dundee United - Stick or Twist?

Time flies... It was the 31st of October since we last played SPL opposition, we are now approaching February and we must now once again try to raise our game and compete at a higher level.

Of recent times our standard of play and concentration have started to slip, but we must now pick ourselves up and dust ourselves down. The main question for me is is what changes can be made to give ourselves the best chance of winning.

I suggest we go for the much-maligned 5-4-1 with the line up below:

:na:

:aa::rp::lm::ec::lw:

:kh:

:ds::dt::ib:

:fs:

With Temps pushing up supporting Fran.

This team also has the option to change quickly depending on how the game is going. Temps and Shiels can switch to the wings if we want to go for a flat 4 in the midfield. I think having McCulloch at the back will give us the cover needed coming up against the pace of Johnny Russell.

What are your thoughts?

I agree but I feel with the attacking qualities of the full backs we will be strong on the counter attack.

I see your point but if we sit to deep and let them come on to us they won't get a chance to get forward, we have to give their defence something to think about and Sandaza up on his own wont get it done.

I'd drop Templeton and play with Mackay and Aird on the wings, with McCulloch sitting between defence and midfield and Sandaza or Little up on their own.

Templeton has all the skills in the world, but he's a greedy bassa and needs a rocket up his backside.

:ch::rp::ec::lw:

:bm::ib::kh::dt:

:al::lm:

Don't see why we cant go 4-4-2 and keep it simple. Jig and Little would give them something to worry about and Templeton and McKay could switch wings if needed.

Whoever plays though has to give 110%.

Edited by aftershock

Don't see why we cant go 4-4-2 and keep it simple. Jig and Little would give them something to worry about and Templeton and McKay could switch wings if needed.

I like that but think Shiels maybe should be in the team

I'm liking that apart from Jig just can't see him being ready for this game.