Why shouldn't it be 55 and counting when Gers win the Div.3 title?

Guest Geo the Ger

Guest Geo the Ger

Iâ??ve been telling everyone, especially Celtic fans that Iâ??m hoping to purchase a 55 and counting T-shirt very, very soon.:rfc: Donâ??t believe the following question has been asked on Gersnet â?¦ Why shouldnâ??t it be 55 and counting when Gers win Div.3 title?

its as minor a trophy as can be in scotland. andrew dickson said on twitter the club will not be counting it as 55 so the fans should probably knock any ideas of counting it as a major honour or number 55 on the head.

Edited by kuznetsov

In theory it is a 55th title but in reality it is SFL Div 3 title no.1

The reason it wont be No.55 is because the previous 54 have made us Scottish Champions, top of the ladder out of all 38 or 40 or 42 teams. This one makes us the champions of 10 team Div 3 only, and there is another 3 titles being won in the other leagues also.

Celtic can win the next few titles and catch us up but our percentage will always better than there's at least until we are back in the top flight for a few seasons. IF it was a race to 50 then we won and some more.

It's tainted for me, just a step on the ladder.

With a 7mill budget it comes as close to cheating as anything the scum have thrown at us.

I don't think it should be counted as number 55 either, but what exactly are you getting at here mate?

Was it not sufficient that we drop to div3? Should we have mothballed Ibrox, halted all commercial activities and played our games at Murray Park with part-time staff? Would that have been a level enough playing field for you? Is that how you'd have liked to have seen us rebuilding?

I don't think it should be counted as number 55 either, but what exactly are you getting at here mate?

Was it not sufficient that we drop to div3? Should we have mothballed Ibrox, halted all commercial activities and played our games at Murray Park with part-time staff? Would that have been a level enough playing field for you? Is that how you'd have liked to have seen us rebuilding?

No but you can hardly call it a level playing field can you, we could've won this league with half that budget and the 3mill shortfall this year would've been wiped out, so questions have to be asked why we spent that sort of money when it wasn't needed.

Only answer I can think of is it was spunked on the chance of nicking one of the major cups, and if that is the case then heads must roll because our cup runs have been a disaster, Green isnt exempt from that criticism either because he must bought into the Ally myth.

Maybe that's why Green and Murray aren't talking I hope someone at the club is looking at this season and asking why that money was spent on winning a league against part time players.

Bloody scandalous.:ffs: