Meeting Charlie in Melbourne this Friday...

Ok just back from the Qand A with CG. I will do my best to remember his answers of the questions and give an all round summary of the evening.

All in all he was there for about 3 and a half hours and although he was selling many aspects of the ideas he has,he came across very well and had good banter with the crowd of between 75 to 100.

Ok, so when we entered the room there was an A4 sheet of the submitted questions on the chairs. In total there was 24 questions but i won't type them all up as i wana go to bed and it'll just take me ages so i'll trim it down a fair whack.

Also whilst doing the questions,about half way through because it was going so slowly due to CG's long answers and people in the crowd asking questions leading on from the answers of the original questions, CG just picked up the question sheet and finished with a 'Quick fire round'. He then went onto an open floor. Come to the latter later.

So here we go.

Q:Can you give us an update on Sandy Jardine?

A:CG saw Sandy at his home 3 weeks ago. Although he is in recovery,he has lost a lot of weight and finds it difficult to make it short distances. Sandy's goal is to make it to a game before seasons out.

Q:Does the club plan to tour OZ and NZ anytime soon?

A:Not next year as that's most likely North America but most likely the year after.

Q:Plans for a cental coast academy, how will this differ from the Northern Spirit venture?

A:CG will be meeting with Central coast people during this trip but he did state that 20 years ago there was very few Aussies in the UK playing. Now there are many and with the contacts out here such as Iain Ferguson and Ian Munroe, he hopes to convince the best talent that Rangers is their best option. He also said that the deal for the Mariners goalkeeper is NOT dead. Watch this space...

Q:What are Rangers plans on youth?

A:CG stated that he dreams we can be like a Man U, Barca or Madrid but it is just that. A dream. His vision is for Rangers to become like Ajax,Porto,Sporting and Dortmund. As well as trying to nurture our own talent we WILL look to try and pick up the best foreign talent. Trying to pick up players from the likes of Barca B team was mentioned...

Q:Have the SFA released funds from Southampton for SD?

A:Some of the funds have been released and we are due more should they stay in the EPL.

Q:Do you have a strategy to allow the club to play cross border football?

A:CG will shortly be attending a meeting in Antwerp to discuss this as Dutch and Belgian clubs are in the same boat. He has also been in touch with the Prime minister trying to sell the idea of Rangers playing in England and hoping the PM will lobby on Rangers behalf. CG said the SFA would NOT stand in our way if we were to leave.

Q:Following the recent appeal of HMRC, have they indicated the basis of their appeal?

A: CG thinks they have no basis,it's simply to 'Save face before they go for Man U and Middlesbourgh'.

Q:Who had the deeds for MP,the car park and Ibrox?

A:Rangers international

Q:We've been of a Gers museum for years,what is the go on it?

A:CG said that plans are being drawn up for this. They want to make the whole match day experience better for fans coming from all over the globe. Ideas are being taken and he wants the fans to be pro active in this area and throw ideas at the club.

Ok that's the best of it. Funnily the Stadium name didn't really come up except that deals will be named soon about kit and stadium deals. It's taken a while to iron out but CG wants 1 years deals for both as he believes he can get a far better deal the higher up the divisions we are.

As mentioned previously from someone who was at the Perth meeting, CG sold the idea of Rangers going all out with their own media. An example he used was as media and football is changing,he doesn't think SKY will have control of rights in years to come. The clubs will. HE wants to be able to sell the games to fans worldwide on a new Rangers App for 1 quid. By CG's maths this could equate to 5mill or so should all fans buy it of course.

There will also be a no holds bared talk show where fans can ring up and bring up issues on WHATEVER with CG and Ally on ANYTHING.

Jim Traynors roll, he has something on just about every chairman in the SPL and then some. We have the best media guy in the country and Green has told him not to hold back on ANYTHING even if our own fans are out of line. He says JT see's that the whole country is against us.

The open floor was poor. I didn't get to ask my questions. 1 i was going to ask was 'What are we doing to attract youngsters in North America and other parts of the world and how are we going to convince them to pick Rangers over Chelsea or whoever? But i couldn't get the chance.

CG got off lightly here. Most of the people that got mike time wanted to thank him for saving the club or for standing up to the SFA/SPL.

However one guy asked about Gazza and what we the Rangers family were doing about helping him. CG said he will chat with Mike Ashley about a friendly between Rangers and Newcastle in order to help the legend. Someone then in the crowd shouted out 'Aye play it on Scottish cup final day'. CG liked that one.

Ok think i got pretty much all of it. All in all it was a good meet. CG said it was his duty to come out to all parts of the world and address Rangers fans personally. That went down well as did many a thing however i felt it was a missed opportunity to press him on issues like our youth lads not being in an SPL youth league and Neil Murray (that question WAS on the agenda but wasn't answered).

That is that.

Ok just back from the Qand A with CG. I will do my best to remember his answers of the questions and give an all round summary of the evening.

All in all he was there for about 3 and a half hours and although he was selling many aspects of the ideas he has,he came across very well and had good banter with the crowd of between 75 to 100.

Ok, so when we entered the room there was an A4 sheet of the submitted questions on the chairs. In total there was 24 questions but i won't type them all up as i wana go to bed and it'll just take me ages so i'll trim it down a fair whack.

Also whilst doing the questions,about half way through because it was going so slowly due to CG's long answers and people in the crowd asking questions leading on from the answers of the original questions, CG just picked up the question sheet and finished with a 'Quick fire round'. He then went onto an open floor. Come to the latter later.

So here we go.

Q:Can you give us an update on Sandy Jardine?

A:CG saw Sandy at his home 3 weeks ago. Although he is in recovery,he has lost a lot of weight and finds it difficult to make it short distances. Sandy's goal is to make it to a game before seasons out.

Q:Does the club plan to tour OZ and NZ anytime soon?

A:Not next year as that's most likely North America but most likely the year after.

Q:Plans for a cental coast academy, how will this differ from the Northern Spirit venture?

A:CG will be meeting with Central coast people during this trip but he did state that 20 years ago there was very few Aussies in the UK playing. Now there are many and with the contacts out here such as Iain Ferguson and Ian Munroe, he hopes to convince the best talent that Rangers is their best option. He also said that the deal for the Mariners goalkeeper is NOT dead. Watch this space...

Q:What are Rangers plans on youth?

A:CG stated that he dreams we can be like a Man U, Barca or Madrid but it is just that. A dream. His vision is for Rangers to become like Ajax,Porto,Sporting and Dortmund. As well as trying to nurture our own talent we WILL look to try and pick up the best foreign talent. Trying to pick up players from the likes of Barca B team was mentioned...

Q:Have the SFA released funds from Southampton for SD?

A:Some of the funds have been released and we are due more should they stay in the EPL.

Q:Do you have a strategy to allow the club to play cross border football?

A:CG will shortly be attending a meeting in Antwerp to discuss this as Dutch and Belgian clubs are in the same boat. He has also been in touch with the Prime minister trying to sell the idea of Rangers playing in England and hoping the PM will lobby on Rangers behalf. CG said the SFA would NOT stand in our way if we were to leave.

Q:Following the recent appeal of HMRC, have they indicated the basis of their appeal?

A: CG thinks they have no basis,it's simply to 'Save face before they go for Man U and Middlesbourgh'.

Q:Who had the deeds for MP,the car park and Ibrox?

A:Rangers international

Q:We've been of a Gers museum for years,what is the go on it?

A:CG said that plans are being drawn up for this. They want to make the whole match day experience better for fans coming from all over the globe. Ideas are being taken and he wants the fans to be pro active in this area and throw ideas at the club.

Ok that's the best of it. Funnily the Stadium name didn't really come up except that deals will be named soon about kit and stadium deals. It's taken a while to iron out but CG wants 1 years deals for both as he believes he can get a far better deal the higher up the divisions we are.

As mentioned previously from someone who was at the Perth meeting, CG sold the idea of Rangers going all out with their own media. An example he used was as media and football is changing,he doesn't think SKY will have control of rights in years to come. The clubs will. HE wants to be able to sell the games to fans worldwide on a new Rangers App for 1 quid. By CG's maths this could equate to 5mill or so should all fans buy it of course.

There will also be a no holds bared talk show where fans can ring up and bring up issues on WHATEVER with CG and Ally on ANYTHING.

Jim Traynors roll, he has something on just about every chairman in the SPL and then some. We have the best media guy in the country and Green has told him not to hold back on ANYTHING even if our own fans are out of line. He says JT see's that the whole country is against us.

The open floor was poor. I didn't get to ask my questions. 1 i was going to ask was 'What are we doing to attract youngsters in North America and other parts of the world and how are we going to convince them to pick Rangers over Chelsea or whoever? But i couldn't get the chance.

CG got off lightly here. Most of the people that got mike time wanted to thank him for saving the club or for standing up to the SFA/SPL.

However one guy asked about Gazza and what we the Rangers family were doing about helping him. CG said he will chat with Mike Ashley about a friendly between Rangers and Newcastle in order to help the legend. Someone then in the crowd shouted out 'Aye play it on Scottish cup final day'. CG liked that one.

Ok think i got pretty much all of it. All in all it was a good meet. CG said it was his duty to come out to all parts of the world and address Rangers fans personally. That went down well as did many a thing however i felt it was a missed opportunity to press him on issues like our youth lads not being in an SPL youth league and Neil Murray (that question WAS on the agenda but wasn't answered).

That is that.

Edited by bluedan
double post