Meeting Charlie in Melbourne this Friday...

Asset stripping, you mean? Even worse.

You're correct that I'm making big assumptions but companies are under an obligation to charge a market rate for their services so I doubt that they would take ownership and not charge rent.

Maybe you should head along to the Louden to grill Charles about it. :)

could it be like celtc where one company rents facilities from the other to save on tax?

Same tax group so doesn't have any tax impact.

Celtic's situation is slightly different. They have their "old" company from the 1890s owning the stadium. They just have another (newco) company playing the games.

Their reasons for stripping out the club related to debt, I believe, and as we are not going to have any debt then what does it matter? It could be something to do with financial fair play, I guess, but I'm still unhappy that we don't own the stadium.

However, I should again say that I have my doubts as to what has been reported is correct. It could be that Green under the pressure of an audience got it wrong.

Same tax group so doesn't have any tax impact.

Celtic's situation is slightly different. They have their "old" company from the 1890s owning the stadium. They just have another (newco) company playing the games.

Their reasons for stripping out the club related to debt, I believe, and as we are not going to have any debt then what does it matter? It could be something to do with financial fair play, I guess, but I'm still unhappy that we don't own the stadium.

However, I should again say that I have my doubts as to what has been reported is correct. It could be that Green under the pressure of an audience got it wrong.

cheers bluedell.

again for me its a case of more questions than answers.

I too hope it was a slip of the tongue otherwise there may be sever consequences down the line.

Yet it was just casually revealed here?

BD said he may not care but he wants fans onside, so if this was so sinister surely it would be pretty carefully planned out?