Coisty set to net Bell

Can't say that I saw Bell more than when he played against us. A club like Rangers needs two experienced goalkeepers, one of whom will most likely remain disappointed. Alexander was great in 2008, even greater in 2012 and will most likely remain with us for next season. I see his point in wanting a "longer" contract and wouldn't deny him that or the wish to have another spell down south. He's still good enough for the Championship. He had some "problems" this season, but so too had his makeshift-everchanging defence.

As for Bell, I only start to get excited when he's up in Auchenhowie signing a contract. Speaking of that place, it might be a blow to Gallagher and Currie more than Alexander, but these guys desperately need to go out on loan and play competitive footie first.

I must have missed this great year in 2012. We shouldn't be giving out contracts as favours or pats on the back, he isn't good enough simple. We need 1 experienced goalie and a decent youngster with where we are at, at the moment. Only way that would change imo is if we were playing in Europe again.

I must have missed this great year in 2012. We shouldn't be giving out contracts as favours or pats on the back, he isn't good enough simple. We need 1 experienced goalie and a decent youngster with where we are at, at the moment. Only way that would change imo is if we were playing in Europe again.

All people signing up for the newco were "great" - probably not on the park, but off it. Might have made that more clear.

As for one goalie. You know what happens. While it may work fine, with our luck (just look at our strikers) that experienced goalie gets injured and we are left with a rookie. While me may have the best rookies in place there, who knows whether they can actually handle the pressure in front of 45k demanding people every two weeks. Even experienced campaigners have failed there (and often). Or, as McKay put it, ...

"It's a big difference because when you are playing youth football, you are lucky if you even get a hundred people going and now you are playing out there in front of 50,000. It is crazy."
Edited by der Berliner

I think Bell would be on a considerably lower wage than Alexander which may be another reason for the move.

According to what Shorerdbear said last week Alexander is on 16 grand a week and there's no way Bell would cost us anywhere near that in wages, so we could save a small fortune by making Bell our number one and letting Alexander's contract expire.

No offense to Alexander because he's been a good player for us over the past few years, but I think we need to bring in a younger no.1 on less wages and Bell probably fits the bill.