CAMMY BELL has clinched a four-year deal with Rangers.

CAMMY BELL has clinched a four-year deal with Rangers.

The Kilmarnock keeper has signed a pre- contract and will join Gers on September 1.

As SunSport revealed on Monday the 26-year-old has snubbed the offer of a five-year deal at Rugby Park and will move when Rangersâ?? transfer embargo is lifted.

Bellâ??s Gers deal is worth around £8,000-a-week, and Ibrox boss Ally McCoist said: â??Cammy fits the bill in terms of his ability and his availability in terms of being out of contract in the summer.â?

SunSport understands Bell will remain 100 per cent committed to Killie until his contract expires.

But his switch to Ibrox casts doubt on Neil Alexanderâ??s future at the club.

The Gers No1 is out of contract at the end of the season and remains locked in talks over a new deal.

Alexander is unlikely to settle for a seat back on the bench.

McCoist, above, added: â??We would like to keep Neil because I want to have two strong keepers. It would also give me the opportunity to send Scott

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/feeds/smartphone/scotland/4792339/Gers-gonna-be-saved-by-the-bell.html#ixzz2Kja7MEbS

Think he can play even earlier as a "trialist" failing that September 1st,

I guess this is the case with free players we sign. But other signings from other clubs are not allowed to be registered until Jan 1st? Essentially making it a 18 month transfer embargo?

£8k a bit steep.

Can Bell play straight away after Sep 1st or does he have to wait until January to be registered during the window?

This is what I thought, although free's/bosmans may be allowed to play seeing as they have no club.

Good news, but if his deal's really worth 8 grand a week there might be one or two disgruntled players wondering why he's worth that much to warm the bench if Ally is genuinely wanting to keep Alexander too. Unless the other experienced SPL pros we brought in are getting that sort of money too?

Thing is Ally hasn't spent much whilst hes been in charge obviously not his fault. However I would like to see how much these guys are getting for coming down the divisions, maybe 1 and half times more than they would if we were in the SPL. In my opinion its quite reckless and possibly naive, plus length of contracts if these guys don't work out and we can't off load because of their wage.