CAMMY BELL has clinched a four-year deal with Rangers.

We seem to be getting vexed by something that hasn't actually happened yet. Bell hasn't signed, we've only the Sun's word for what he'll be paid and it seems their story is inaccurate already.

If Alexander is on £16k then that clearly is unsustainable. I believe McCoist when he say's he'd like Alexander to stay, I imagine we'd all like him to stay, but only if the salary was right. I imagine Alexander quite fancies something close to what he's on just now and we aren't likely to give him that. If he can get it elsewhere good luck to him. Having both Bell and alexander at the club, on money that suits the club is fine with me. Having either of them on money that suits the club is also fine with me.

In the past we've excelled at making good keepers great ones, I hope we can do the same with Bell, if he signs.

Something I read early January, perhaps old news on here? And clearly I have no idea how accurate it is.

Alexander has apparently been offered a one year contract at £10k per week. The Sun reckon that this is £1k less than he is on at the moment. The Sun continue to say that they don't think money is the issue, and instead it's because he wants a deal lasting at least two years.

Guest carter001
shorerdbear was told (presumably by a good source) that it's 16 grand a week.

I have been told that Alexander is on £17k/wk and was offered £10k/wk but, his agent turned it down. We have since signed Cammy Bell for £4k/wk, not the reported £8k. I believe a new further reduced offer will be made to Alexander, basically forcing him to leave.

A £13k/wk saving for similar quality in my opinion.

I'm also told that they are concerned with the coaching, mainly the fitness work etc that the players do. They are not fit enough. Rather than throw money at the team they are looking to put more into the behind the scenes stuff to get more out of what we have. They are also looking to add some experience to the team to help the young players. I suggested Davie Weir ;-)

Guest carter001

The wage bill for the club at the moment is running at £7m per year (everyone, not just playing staff), which is the second highest in Scotland. I'm sure some of the other high earners will be ushered out the door as quickly as contracts allow.

IMHO, no player at the club under the current circumstance should earn more than 7 to 8k (and I know that some would even jump on that figure). Hence, and if the above is indeed correct, I would assume that Goian and Bocanegra may leave in the summer too. I do believe that there will be enough people about who gladly take up the money we will be able to offer.

IMHO, no player at the club under the current circumstance should earn more than 7 to 8k (and I know that some would even jump on that figure). Hence, and if the above is indeed correct, I would assume that Goian and Bocanegra may leave in the summer too. I do believe that there will be enough people about who gladly take up the money we will be able to offer.

I have to agree. If Alexander is on 16/17k a week it seems like we have learned little from our recent finacially disasterous past

I have to agree. If Alexander is on 16/17k a week it seems like we have learned little from our recent finacially disasterous past

If it was an existing contract and he was tupe'ed across then perhaps there's not much we could do about it?

If it was an existing contract and he was tupe'ed across then perhaps there's not much we could do about it?

We could've asked him to take a wage cut, or find another club.

At least then he wouldn't be getting his squad bonus or his win bonus, he probably has a clean sheet bonus as well.