Juve- youth exchange program

Again you fail to read other people's post or have an understanding of what was said , at Lyon he was only the coach , in Europe it's not that big a deal he comes below the president and director of football , at Rangers he was everything and he couldn't handle it

Very much so. There really is a difference between "manager" in Britain and France or Germany*. I would assume that Green and PLG would have worked well together ... one doing the business stuf, the other the footballing side.

As in, at Bayern Heynckes is the "Coach" in German, whereas Britons would adress him as "manager". The German term "Manager" of Bayern is more like the CEO, and that is Uli HoeneÃ?, assisted by Karl-Heinz Rummenigge. They all work tightly together when it comes to running the business side of football things (transfers et al) though.

I don't know what is true but in Le Guens defence when Ferguson was out of the team everybody said Rangers were playing the best football anyone had seen Rangers play for a long long time. All they lacked was a striker to score the goals (he was using Buffel) when Ferguson came back into the team against Molde in the UEFA cup we were diabolical and something seemed to change within Rangers that night. It all went downhill from there.

Under Advocaat in his first season Rangers were excellent they looked fitter and played football that was great to watch it reminded me of the pass and move Liverpool side. This was until the rumours of the dressing room split between the foreign players and the scottish players and Rangers went downhill and never reached the same heights again.

During Le Guen and Advocaat era's apparently they both tried to adopt a more "european" style of coaching and some of the players rebelled I think that much is clear

Again you fail to read other people's post or have an understanding of what was said , at Lyon he was only the coach , in Europe it's not that big a deal he comes below the president and director of football , at Rangers he was everything and he couldn't handle it

lol his job was made impossible by a certain group of players, a coward owner and clueless fans. everything went against him sadly.

lol his job was made impossible by a certain group of players, a coward owner and clueless fans. everything went against him sadly.

Clueless fans I totally agree with , as for the rest , well lets just say he must have come up against the same players everywhere he went after us and failed miserably as well

Clueless fans I totally agree with , as for the rest , well lets just say he must have come up against the same players everywhere he went after us and failed miserably as well

his time at cameroon is overplayed. he won as many as he lost.

he didnt fail miserably at psg either and he currently has a 40% win ratio with oman whos overall win ratio is only 29%. hes not as bad as some make out tbh. he has also rejected several job offers from ligue 1 clubs in france to continue his work in oman. he is doing very well over there. :thup:

the mans alright in my book, i appreciated what he tried to do at rangers.

void.gif

the mans alright in my book, i appreciated what he tried to do at rangers.

I appreciate what he tried to do as well. He could have been great for the club, but it wasn't to be.

IMO he made a few poor decisions off the field which caused a divide in the squad and cost him his job.

During Le Guen and Advocaat era's apparently they both tried to adopt a more "european" style of coaching and some of the players rebelled I think that much is clear

I think both of them made the same mistake by forgetting they were managing a Scottish club, recruiting too much personnel from their own nation and allowing large non-english speaking cliques to form.

I don't think training methods had anything to do with Advocaat's downfall. He brought in too many Dutch.

In Le Guens defence he didn't actually bring in that many French. He just didn't take into account the amount of French and French speaking players already at the club.

I think under both regimes the improvements were coming. Under Advocaat (though he was too free with money) we were competing in Europe. I still maintain had Mols not been injured in Munich we would have qualified for the next phase and then who knows...we were a match for most teams in Europe at that point in as much we could give them a game home and away and the only team I would say that had it's way and played us off the park (in europe) during Advocaats era was Valencia.

Le Guen never lost a game for us in Europe yes he lost plenty of others but I still say he could have created a great Rangers team. He should have been allowed to punt Ferguson (thought he was bigger than Rangers) McGregor (more on the front page than back) and Boyd (How many managers have not been convinced by him)

Le Guen lost his job at PSG yes, but how many other managers have they went through and from what I understand they were in a better state when he left them than when he started with them…..

Le Guen never lost a game for us in Europe yes he lost plenty of others but I still say he could have created a great Rangers team. He should have been allowed to punt Ferguson (thought he was bigger than Rangers) McGregor (more on the front page than back) and Boyd (How many managers have not been convinced by him)

Can't say I agree or disagree. We'll never know.