Juve- youth exchange program

"most of the Juventus team looked fit and athletic"

As the late Bob Crampsey used to say "they even run out of the tunnel better than we do".

A lot of Sottish players especially the ones under five foot eight look musclebound.

There have been a few players, who have left Scottish football recently, saying our training was a joke.

Once you read this, you do wonder what caused the animosity between PLG and some of the players. In any case, we should get a foreign fitness coach in and start the new fitness regime with our young players. I doubt the old pros will like it that much, but there you go. Maybe this should be asked of Green too.

As for the Juve exchange programme, I for one doubt that many Scots will make it into the Italian market or the Juve ranks for the forseeable future. Nonetheless, it was good to tie our own talent up on long term deals. In turn, some of Juve's youngsters may very well improve our current squad, though whether they will want to come and play Scottish Third tier footie next season remains to be seen.

Edited by der Berliner

Once you read this, you do wonder what caused the animosity between PLG and some of the players. In any case, we should get a foreign fitness coach in and start the new fitness regime with our young players. I doubt the old pros will like it that much, but there you go. Maybe this should be asked of Green too.

As for the Juve exchange programme, I for one doubt that many Scots will make it into the Italian market or the Juve ranks for the forseeable future. Nonetheless, it was good to tie our own talent up on long term deals. In turn, some of Juve's youngsters may very well improve our current squad, though whether they will want to come and play Scottish Third tier footie next season remains to be seen.

I have first hand knowledge of what happened under PLG and I can 100% assure you the fitness coaches were worse than useless .

i dont see any need for the fitness coach t be foreign. indeed adam owen had out players much much fitter than plg's guys.

Agree although a foreign technical coach at youth level would be an enormous pre in my eyes.

Agree although a foreign technical coach at youth level would be an enormous pre in my eyes.

Of course arguably the most successful coach on the planet just now comes from Govan! Nationality isn't important, experience and openness are.

Of course arguably the most successful coach on the planet just now comes from Govan! Nationality isn't important, experience and openness are.

Totally agree that experience is more valuable than nationality but Scottish coaches don't have much experience in working within a good youth system therefore a foreign coach would be a pre in my opinion.

The class of player coming out of Scotland these days seems to back that up.

Totally agree that experience is more valuable than nationality but Scottish coaches don't have much experience in working within a good youth system therefore a foreign coach would be a pre in my opinion.

The class of player coming out of Scotland these days seems to back that up.