Objectionable fan banner against Ashley

And can somebody tell me why putting a sponsors name before Ibrox Stadium is some how selling your history.

I can see BOTH sides to that comment.

Just because it has Ibrox IN the name, doesnt mean it isnt selling the history (of the stadium) because some only ever want it to be IBROX - with no prefixes or suffixes. As I say, I can see both sides.

I dont mind the stadium being re-named but it would depend on the amount for me. For a million quid or less ? Are we really that desperate given the IPO proceeds ?

There has to be a proper balance between financial merit and common sense.

Just because it has Ibrox IN the name, doesnt mean it isnt selling the history (of the stadium) because some only ever want it to be IBROX - with no prefixes or suffixes. As I say, I can see both sides.

I dont mind the stadium being re-named but it would depend on the amount for me. For a million quid or less ? Are we really that desperate given the IPO proceeds ?

I still don't see it as selling the history, more like adding to it.

The history of Ibrox doesn't disappear, do we forget about the first Ibrox in our history just because they moved it a wee bit and started again, of course not. The very fact that Green has said it will be short term contracts making the one constant in the name for the next so many years being Ibrox Stadium whoever the sponsor is.

The old lady needs a lot of money spent on her after years of neglect by Sir Minty, any money the old girl can raise by herself will be much appreciated.

Of course if the UB really want to stop it, put their money where their banner is and raise the cash themselves.

They were also pretty irritating with all the toilet roll they were throwing on the pitch. It kept interrupting the game.

Used to do that as a lad myself, so can't really say much. I was always the fool who kept forgetting to hold onto one end and ended up just throwing a full bog roll about. :facepalm:

That's an argument I can't understand, we had a good IPO so we reject revenue streams now? It was an impressive amount of money but it hardly sets us up for life.

That's an argument I can't understand, we had a good IPO so we reject revenue streams now? It was an impressive amount of money but it hardly sets us up for life.

Why the urgency for such a paltry amount ?

If we NEED the revenue from renaming the stadium then we are in pretty bad shape. Regular income streams should have you self-sustaining i.e. ticket income, corporate hospitality etc

But a million or less for the renaming of Ibrox seems like a pointless exercise to me. Either that or it seems like desperation and money-grabbing.

Why the urgency for such a paltry amount ?

If we NEED the revenue from renaming the stadium then we are in pretty bad shape. Regular income streams should have you self-sustaining i.e. ticket income, corporate hospitality etc

But a million or less for the renaming of Ibrox seems like a pointless exercise to me. Either that or it seems like desperation and money-grabbing.

So you would knock back 1mill a year in sustainable income.