Objectionable fan banner against Ashley

Why the urgency for such a paltry amount ?

If we NEED the revenue from renaming the stadium then we are in pretty bad shape. Regular income streams should have you self-sustaining i.e. ticket income, corporate hospitality etc

But a million or less for the renaming of Ibrox seems like a pointless exercise to me. Either that or it seems like desperation and money-grabbing.

We're in the Scottish Lower leagues and European football won't be happening for a while at least, 500k-1 million doesn't seem paltry for us currently.

We might not NEED it but it could prove very useful to us.

And can somebody tell me why putting a sponsors name before Ibrox Stadium is some how selling your history.

because you changing your historical name for money.

would we be pretending it wasn't selling our history if we were to become red bull rangers.

is it any different in a historical context.

as I say I am ok with it but I recognize it for what it is.

because you changing your historical name for money.

would we be pretending it wasn't selling our history if we were to become red bull rangers.

is it any different in a historical context.

as I say I am ok with it but I recognize it for what it is.

We've changed grounds before should we have stayed in the one place forever, to keep history in place. I would call it trading on our history as you are coupling a famous old landmark building with a modern company.

You also can't compare team name change to sponsoring a building.

Edited by GovanAllan

We've changed grounds before should we have stayed in the one place forever, to keep history in place. I would call it trading on our history as you are coupling a famous old landmark building with a modern company.

You also can't compare team name change to sponsoring a building.

as I say I am ok with it. but its altering a century of history for cash. plain and simple.