It is this simple.

STOP SINGING ABOUT RELIGION AND POLITICS. They have no place at the football which is a family event and a day of sporting entertainment. The song sheet must change, we must move with the times, its time we grew up as a collective fanbase. Stop taking our club back to the dark ages.

Please, for the sake of our club, stop singing about stuff which has no place inside a football ground. We have many many very good and passionate Rangers songs, we don't need the other stuff.

Disclaimer : I am not a handwringer, i am aware there is a nationwide campaign against our club and our people but this not about anyone else, this is about us and that fight is for another day.

We live in the 21st century. The police et al use cameras, there's CCTV in the stadium. It can be very easy to filter out the people causing most grief when it comes to the singing, but that needs to be done by Rangers people. Self-stewarding is possible, only having registered supporters clubs going to away games and whatnot.

Still, I'd also demand a level playing field for all clubs.

Disagree with the OP. We don't need to stop singing about religion and politics. It's been done during every game at Ibrox this season without any major issue.

that may be true but those songs are not relevant to supporting a football team and because its been done before does not make it right. its embarassing.

Disagree with the OP. We don't need to stop singing about religion and politics. It's been done during every game at Ibrox this season without any major issue.

Yes, let's sing songs that divide the support.

Superb attitude.

WATP

You are deliberately missing the point. Feel free to sing the songs but do you have to be offensive about it? Why sing songs that will get the CLUB hammered?

I'd quite like to take my son to a game but I'd rather not have to explain to him why some people sing songs of hate at a game of football. He's just beginning to love the game.

If we don't stop this now, another generation get sucked into the hatred and the cycle never ends. I find that really depressing.

Yes, let's sing songs that divide the support.

Superb attitude.

WATP

So let's get 100% buy-in to every song before we are allowed to sing it?

What about Ally McCoist's blue and white army? That divides the support. Should that not be sung either?