It is this simple.

You sound disappointed by that strange.

Maybe you should find the full police statement where they praised the Rangers for being so well behaved, and they had a great day.

I assume Mazza is wondering why there where only 2 arrests after all the fuss was being made. Which essentially contradicts the latter and shows the mhedia up for what they are.

OP is just something Ive said for about 10 years. When I started going to Rangers games I would sing any song, I was brainwashed into thinking these songs were Rangers songs to fit into the next bloke. Then when I became aware I said to myself what exactly has a battle in 1690 got to do with Rangers Football Club, the club werent even created then!!

Its just a case of the social issues being brought into football.

Dont get me wrong some of the songs are great in the right occasion and catchy, yet I think if we reworded them with meanings to do the team we support we could enjoy them all the same. If not then people have issues that dont belong in football.

You sound disappointed by that strange.

Maybe you should find the full police statement where they praised the Rangers for being so well behaved, and they had a great day.

Oh grow up ffs.

My point was if it was prevalent and clearly heard, why did they only arrest two people? The whole point of posting it was to show the agenda, but you carry on bitching away.

Wow. That's an accusation. I'm not deliberately doing what you accuse me of and I could throw about accusations about you given your claims about me, but I'd prefer to stick to arguing the issues.

Why not answer post 11 rather than being insulting?

Where did I insult you?

Derry's Walls is a loyalist song is it not? Yes I'm sure I'm about to get a Rangers history lesson, but less sure on the relevance of the team...

OP is just something Ive said for about 10 years. When I started going to Rangers games I would sing any song, I was brainwashed into thinking these songs were Rangers songs to fit into the next bloke. Then when I became aware I said to myself what exactly has a battle in 1690 got to do with Rangers Football Club, the club werent even created then!!

Its just a case of the social issues being brought into football.

Dont get me wrong some of the songs are great in the right occasion and catchy, yet I think if we reworded them with meanings to do the team we support we could enjoy them all the same. If not then people have issues that dont belong in football.

I 100% admire what the OP is trying to get across, but if you think about it closely, it's a more complex matter.

Singing the National Anthem, supporting our troops, honouring Remembrance Day even flying the Union Jack: These things are essentially political - but I, for one, don't want them to stop. Some might say it's blindly patriotic and jingoistic and I don't really have a counter-argument to that. But I still want it to continue - they're all positive things in my eyes and they make me proud of my club.

Where did I insult you?

Derry's Walls is a loyalist song is it not? Yes I'm sure I'm about to get a Rangers history lesson, but less sure on the relevance of the team...

You asked why sing songs that will get the club hammered and why I/someone (not sure who) needed to be offensive. So what is offensive about Derry's Walls? Why will we get hammered by singing Derry's Walls?

i want new fans to support us and want to support us because we are a great footballing institution with an exciting and modern outlook on the game of football, not because we are stuck in the dark ages or associated with any political or religious side.

i want new fans to support us and want to support us because we are a great footballing institution with an exciting and modern outlook on the game of football, not because we are stuck in the dark ages or associated with any political or religious side.

I know you haven't been for a while mate but Ibrox is full to bursting with new young fans.

As for the modern football outlook your asking for a bit much now jeez. :)

I 100% admire what the OP is trying to get across, but if you think about it closely, it's a more complex matter.

Singing the National Anthem, supporting our troops, honouring Remembrance Day even flying the Union Jack: These things are essentially political - but I, for one, don't want them to stop. Some might say it's blindly patriotic and jingoistic and I don't really have a counter-argument to that. But I still want it to continue - they're all positive things in my eyes and they make me proud of my club.

We would also need to do away with the wonderful Loving Cup ceremony.