I said exactly the same thing yesterday when I was up at my dad's watching the game. Swansea really are a joy to watch and it shows what can be done on a small budget.

That's another good point, if we ever got into a bigger league would we be happy with just making it into the Euro places as a good season, our budget wouldnt be much more than Swansea, because no offence to Swansea but they are never going to win the league against the budget of the big 3.

Would we be happy with great football to watch but just the occasional cup win to keep us happy?

Think amms is trying say would we accept dropped points and poor performance if we had faith that the club and manager had a clear goal and a way of achieving that by playing good football.

I would say until we can get rid of Them if that means another league outside of Scotland nothing will change with the support.

then i agree with that. we badly need a new management team to take us forward.

Don't want to spoil the "love-in", but had this been a thread about Rangers, people would quickly remind us that Bradford City are currently 11th in the NPower League 2, i.e. the English fourth tier.

Laudrup* has been their manager since June 2012, after Swansea finished 11th in their first season of the EPL. In comes the money, in comes a good coach ... and off people go on the adulation trip. We've seen this all before in the game and sure we could learn how Swansea's previous managers guided them to the EPL - Nugent, Martinez, Sousa, and finally Rodgers.

Just to keep things in perspective.

We are still a long way away from being the Rangers of old, but there is no need to paint the future black or assuming that we will fall back into old habits that easily.

*Who bought Michu for 2m, but also a certain world-beating Ki for 5,5m.

A whole change of philosophy top to bottom at Rangers not just the management, we have to get past beating them 4times a season is the be all and end all of our season.

agreed. standards, expectations and ambition are at an all time low and i find that sad for the worlds most successful club.

A whole change of philosophy top to bottom at Rangers not just the management, we have to get past beating them 4times a season is the be all and end all of our season.

Can we start by making sure we don't just go down the "good Rangers man" shiete. I would prefer to have people in charge that have no connection to Rangers tbh. Apart from Brian Laudrup of course.....

Don't want to spoil the "love-in", but had this been a thread about Rangers, people would quickly remind us that Bradford City are currently 11th in the NPower League 2, i.e. the English fourth tier.

Laudrup* has been their manager since June 2012, after Swansea finished 11th in their first season of the EPL. In comes the money, in comes a good coach ... and off people go on the adulation trip. We've seen this all before in the game and sure we could learn how Swansea's previous managers guided them to the EPL - Nugent, Martinez, Sousa, and finally Rodgers.

Just to keep things in perspective.

We are still a long way away from being the Rangers of old, but there is no need to paint the future black or assuming that we will fall back into old habits that easily.

*Who bought Michu for 2m, but also a certain world-beating Ki for 5,5m.

They have stuck to their game plan all season though mate no matter who they play, and amms did say they have had the same plan from the start when they were almost dumped out the league. Now there can't be any luck involved with this run the men upstairs must pick their managers with the intention that the team must play a certain way.

All we are saying is Rangers don't at the moment seem to be following this path, maybe it will change but we had a chance to rip up the old book and start afresh from day 1 in the bottom tier.

Edited by GovanAllan

Can we start by making sure we don't just go down the "good Rangers man" shiete. I would prefer to have people in charge that have no connection to Rangers tbh. Apart from Brian Laudrup of course.....

Has Laudrup actually done any coaching, I've never actually looked to see if he has.