So actually and simplifying it, people are talking about Laudrup's game plan, not Swansea's money?

Football finance report underlines Swansea's success (<- click)

Swansea made a pre-tax loss for the year of £11.2m for the (DB: last Championship) season, although that figure will be far outweighed by the revenues that the club will have received as a result of a successful first season in the Premier League.

What did they gain for season 2011/12? Deloitte says ... ( <- click)

According to accounting firm Deloitte the winner will earn $140 million (90 million pounds) through television revenue, merchandise sales and gate takings next season, which makes the Championship playoff final the richest one off game in the history of football.

The "winner" of the Championship play off that is, not the EPL winner.

We all want improvement, on and off the park. Sometimes you'd think people on here want that improvement - not least on the park - yesterday. Realistically, no matter the moaning and groaning, that yesterday is at least a year away. For the time being, our poor lot runs away with the Third's title as they should be. One step at a time.

laudrup himself cannot be judged as a manager yet. he is at a settled club with an 'in place' ethos. he didnt have to change much if anything.

Did bring in 6 new players that you could argue took them to the next level of a major trophy.

In fact just bringing Michu for 2mill should be enough praise for me.

Did bring in 6 new players that you could argue took them to the next level of a major trophy.

In fact just bringing Michu for 2mill should be enough praise for me.

true, but talk of the next level is premature i think. lets see how they fair in their bread and butter over a full season or two.

So actually and simplifying it, people are talking about Laudrup's game plan, not Swansea's money?

Football finance report underlines Swansea's success (<- click)

What did they gain for season 2011/12? Deloitte says ... ( <- click)

The "winner" of the Championship play off that is, not the EPL winner.

We all want improvement, on and off the park. Sometimes you'd think people on here want that improvement - not least on the park - yesterday. Realistically, no matter the moaning and groaning, that yesterday is at least a year away. For the time being, our poor lot runs away with the Third's title as they should be. One step at a time.

Thanks DB, but chill mate this isn't going to be an Ally bashing thread. We are just comparing us today to Swansea what 10 years ago and their decision to put in place a way of playing and sticking to it.

true, but talk of the next level is premature i think. lets see how they fair in their bread and butter over a full season or two.

Agreed mate, I will say every manager they have employed seems to have moved them on in some way, without much of a backward step that in itself is a great achievement.

Again the question is what is the ceiling for Swansea?

Top 8 in the league with a good cup run now and again or can they challenge the top 4 for a CL place on a regular basis.

Agreed mate, I will say every manager they have employed seems to have moved them on in some way, without much of a backward step that in itself is a great achievement.

Again the question is what is the ceiling for Swansea?

Top 8 in the league with a good cup run now and again or can they challenge the top 4 for a CL place on a regular basis.

their best one was the man who started it all who is now at wigan. an exceptional football manager.

Great manager but seems to be stuck in a groove with Wigan and struggling badly this year.

i actually think he is doing ok. possibly the smallest club in the epl with one of the very smallest budgets yet plays some of the most exciting and attractive football and has managed some cracking scalps over the seasons there. they will be fine again thanks to roberto.