laudrup himself cannot be judged as a manager yet. he is at a settled club with an 'in place' ethos. he didnt have to change much if anything.

He done a excellent job at Brondby and Getafe.

and failed at mallorca and spartak. jurys still out.

I'm sorry but that doesn't make sense. How is the jury still out? He's won Swansea their first ever trophy (by beating Chelsea and Liverpool on the way btw) so surely that makes him a success regardless of what he's done at other clubs? Just like players, sometimes it doesn't work out for a manager when they move to a certain club. It could be a case of bad timing/circumstance. If Pepe Guardiola is a flop at Bayern, will the jury be out on him? Not in my book. He won the lot at Barca.

I'm sorry but that doesn't make sense. How is the jury still out? He's won Swansea their first ever trophy (by beating Chelsea and Liverpool on the way btw) so surely that makes him a success regardless of what he's done at other clubs? Just like players' date=' sometimes it doesn't work out for a manager when they move to a certain club. It could be a case of bad timing/circumstance. If Pepe Guardiola is a flop at Bayern, will the jury be out on him? Not in my book. He won the lot at Barca.[/quote']

i dont think so tbh. at swansea he has brought instant success yes but as a football manager , is he a success? its too soon to say imo. 1 trophy in 11 years. a success is debatable.

not sure about pep tbh. he had 4 exceptional years but has many more ahead. if he flops in all of them, is he still a success? his barcelona achievements will be a distant memory.

So we want to instill a philosophy, yep ok. We want to win every game, of course we are Rangers. What can we as fans actually do about it? For a start, I don't actually believe a 'philosophy' is that important. In fact out of the 50 or so top clubs in the world, probably only barca have a discernible philosophy that isn't "buy the best players you can, augmented by two or three outstanding academy products." If you get the right players in and have a decent youth set up, you end up with a football team, simple.

What all the fans reps should be doing at every one of thsee endless CG meetings is pressing home the fact that all we care about now we are alive again is the football. FFS get a network of scouts sorted and put a signing policy in place. No one over 22 unless they are a special case. I hate to say it but recently the scum never seem to pay over 2m and 3 out of 5 turn into 5m players within a season. And no it's not media hype, they are finding players we knew nothing about.

I'm aware CG has mentioned a signing policy and we may not get to see it or judge it fairly until we are back on top, but we should really press this issue, never mind shirt sponsors and stadium names, who cares? I want the football back.

Listening to Swansea fans on various shows etc they have all said Laudrup has improved them a lot this season. Rodgers was given credit because he was there during the promotion but Martinez and Paulo Sousa set things up.

Swansea are a breath of fresh air and look the real deal unlike teams who have came up in the past like Hull and Blackpool. They have managed to attract some quality where the likes of Reading dont. Stoke are another who have cemented their place in the Premier League (a bit like Bolton did) but you really couldnt find 2 different styles of teams if you tried, and Id be watching Swansea everyday of the week ahead of Stoke. Hence back to the original point - a fresh start all that time ago and look what they have now. Yes its exactly what most fans have been screaming for given we are in Div 3. McCoist, Durrant and McDowall did superb bringing the team through the storm with what 8 players? And that was there bit done. The baton should be handed over to a fresh team which includes B Laudrup and / or Ray Wilkins.