BBC Scotland report NO titles to be stripped but are fined £250K

For us to have basically won the BTC, there would need to have been payments that were not disclosed. I guess there's an argument to say that the payments were loans and did not need to be disclosed but can't get too upset at the decision. The non-disclosure was an administrative issue, as I've been saying for quite a while now and given the period that it covered and what was involved, I guess that the size of the fine sounds about right.

I previously quesioned Nimmo-Smith's objectivity but it sounds as if he got it right.

I wonder if they would have come up with the same decision if we'd lost the BTC?

(4) The relevant SPL Rules were designed to promote sporting integrity, by mitigating the

risk of irregular payments to players;

(5) Although the payments in this case were not themselves irregular and were not in

breach of SPL or SFA Rules, the scale and extent of the proven contraventions of the

disclosure rules require a substantial penalty to be imposed;

(6) Rangers FC did not gain any unfair competitive advantage from the contraventions of

the SPL Rules in failing to make proper disclosure of the side-letter arrangements, nor

did the non-disclosure have the effect that any of the registered players were ineligible

to play, and for this and other reasons no sporting sanction or penalty should be

imposed upon Rangers FC;

(7) As noted in the Commission’s earlier decision made on 12 September 2012 there is no

allegation that the current owner and operator of the club, The Rangers Football Club

Limited (“Newco”), contravened the SPL Rules or could be held responsible for any

breach by Oldco;

Rangers FC did not gain any unfair competitive advantage from the contraventions of

the SPL Rules in failing to make proper disclosure of the side-letter arrangements, nor

did the non-disclosure have the effect that any of the registered players were ineligible

to play, and for this and other reasons no sporting sanction or penalty should be

imposed upon Rangers FC;

SPL REPORT http://www.scotprem.com/content/mediaassets/doc/Commission%20Decision%2028%2002%202013.pdf