Green: Walter Smith says not to panic over 'unpleasant' Rangers displays

It is hard to disagree with Walter, or e.g. Bobby Russell last Tuesday. Anyone with an open mind and a realistic look on what Rangers can offer to the fans this season knows that. That our expectations are way beyond that is no wonder, neither are the relevant comments.

We've been through this about 300 times now and I won't comment any further in here.

I must be in a minority these days, as the football on display doesnt bother me too much this season. When you take into account the fact that we had no pre-season, were not allowed to sign players until very late in the day, didnt know what league we were going to play in, we have not been allowed to make any adjustments in the window, and we have had loads of injuries to most of the top team players, I dont think we can be too picky about performances. We have lost 3 cup ties and one league game all season, and really only the two losses to QotS and Stirling were unexpected.

I am more than happy to leave things as they are until we can get signing players again. Then i would expect Ally to make the necessary changes. That means we are pretty muchstuck with what we have got until the end of NEXT season, as we can only sign free agents from 1 Sep '13, and then we have only the mid-season window next January when good players are rarely available. Also I would expect us to be miles clear in div 2 (ignoring reconstruction for a moment) by the time of the window so it is not going to be hugely important to throw good money at second choice players just for the remaining 15 games or so.

We as fans have got to wind our necks in a bit this season and cut the management a bit of slack. If the quality of div 3 football is not what you want to watch, fair enough, but that is where we are and what we are paying for. It is a long road back to the top and it isnt going to be all plain sailing. Thankfully there are only 9 games left so there is not much "torture" left to endure for all of us!!

Thankfully there are only 9 games left so there is not much "torture" left to endure for all of us!!

what happens when the "torture" continues next season???

A lot of the issues that folk are unhappy about have been evident for a while - before admin. So far there has been virtually no evidence to change things....that's what's annoying folk. It's the same old story week after week.

Let's have a look at the defence.

I make the average age of our back 5 on Saturday about 27+. Nobody can say they are inexperienced, Hegarty at 21/22 the youngest. Now all I am asking of our coaching staff is to show that they know how to coach. Why are these experienced defenders not able to defend to a reasonable standard?

I would say before the Management team are allowed to spend serious money, they at least show they are capable of putting a team on the field who have a shape and are capable of playing decent football.

signing players won't change anything other than our win ratio. we still won't play any football.

I fail to see how pre season is relevant in march.

imho nothing will ever change under ally. we will play 1 good game in 5. mostly in response to the fans going nuts.

I dont think anyone cares about performances this season if we could see we are building for the future. Thats a key thing that almost every fan has said. We know our hands were tied with no signings, no pre-season, no league to play in but a 5-10 year plan should still be in place by now yet its the same baffling tactics and players out of position that has been done under Walter, McLeish and McCoist.