Our transfer ban - who does it actually hurt?

Assuming we're not parachuted into the SPL next year, we should have a good enough squad to win whichever league we're in, and we'll be able to add to it through free transfers and attracting players to a league which is below their capability. All this does is help us win the league while saving the club cash, thus keeping more money in our bank account.

On the other hand, with SPL clubs struggling and looking for cash, we're about the only club in Scotland that could and would provide much needed income from transfer fees. So rather than hurt us as the illegal transfer ban was designed to do, all it is doing is keeping our cash in our pockets and preventing other Scottish clubs getting a sniff of it.

I'd guess that the SFA/SPL are praying that Green appeals the ban or calls them out on it, but I doubt he will and I doubt they'd have the brass neck to get rid of it themselves.

It's the most spurious of all the punishments handed down to us, no basis for it whatsoever. Your point is a valid one, I just think they didn't think that far down the line to worry about the effect on themselves such was their lust.

It's the most spurious of all the punishments handed down to us, no basis for it whatsoever. Your point is a valid one, I just think they didn't think that far down the line to worry about the effect on themselves such was their lust.

Either that or they were worried that all the SPL "star names" (stop sniggering at the back) would sign for us, making them look even stupider than they do now if that were possible.

It is interesting how when ever the mHedia mention the transfer ban they don't say illegal transfer ban!

They'd be quick enough to use the word illegal if it was ra phoops.

I assume that's why he pushed for it to not start until September the 1st then?

which two windows it covered probably didnt bother him. its still a year of no pressure.

lets be honest the alternatives to it cost him cash this saves him cash.

i am not having a go at charles it would have suited any owner.