Sorry i still don't agree with it, he has had one good season on the football field and there are millions who do more for charity and actually deserve such an award. this gets a big thumbs down from me,

Sorry i still don't agree with it, he has had one good season on the football field and there are millions who do more for charity and actually deserve such an award. this gets a big thumbs down from me,

Agreed Pete, i don't agree with it full stop, but if somebody has to get it then i'm glad it went to bluenose :D , what with all the bad publicity we're getting just now, NOTHING AT ALL TO DO WITH BLUE BLINKERS ;)

Agreed Pete, i don't agree with it full stop, but if somebody has to get it then i'm glad it went to bluenose :D , what with all the bad publicity we're getting just now, NOTHING AT ALL TO DO WITH BLUE BLINKERS ;)

I agree about the crap Uefa charges Rangers are getting at the moment but i would rather see Betty the tea lady, that is 24\7, getting it, be she catholic or prod, than Barry Ferguson. Sorry just the way i feel on these matters

Certainly a very valid point Pete.

There are many, many people who are much more deserving than Barry Ferguson who deserve to receive such an award.

However, such is our society that those who are in the public spotlight who get the recognition.... recognition for doing something they SHOULD be doing as they have the profile to highlight oworthy causes.

My father-in-law is the head gardener at holyrood palace (so an employee of the queen) - he has worked for the royal family for nearly 30 years slaving away and he put himself through plenty of pains and illnesses for THEM.... took them 25 years to recognise the effort........

Don't get me wrong Ian - good for Bazza.... the problem doesn't lie with him, it lies with those who determine the criteria for passing out these awards !

I wish I had a spare 30 hours a week to do charity work too - but unfortunately I need to keep myself in a job to be able to put food on the table.

I just hate how people, like Beckum, get MBE, OBE or knighted for doing things that is normal life for most people. As for the catholic proddy issue, if you go into hospital neading heart surgery do you say to the surgeon"sorry you are a tim you can't operate. I doubt it!

I see Pete's points and it goes back to my questions why has he got it? Now im not taking anything away from him - well done Barry - but if its for his contribution to sport its not derserved when the likes of Richard Gough captained our side to how many titles and he hasnt got one (that i know of)

I agree with Pete.

When will I be getting my M/C/OBE cause I've been playing football for 20 years over the park with my mates? :confused:

Henrick fookin Larsson got one just because he scored X amount of goals.

People like Craigs father-in-law are the people who deserve it. Their work goes largely un-noticed but they are the people who work their guts out all day everyday.

Well done Fergie for getting it, it's not your fault someone has embarrassed themselves by giving you this award.

Oh and BTW did anyone hear the wee cheeky bint on XFM Scotland yesterday during the sports news? She said "And Barry Ferguson will be getting his hands on some silverware this season, he's just been awarded an MBE by the Queen"

Ho fuckin' ho ya cheeky cow.

well said pete.

you`ve said what i`ve been thinking about this today.