Ally say's we will need a new team.

I don't see what thinking the worst has to do with it, under pressure managers come out with bizarre media comments plenty.

That's true. If Ally was a foreign manager with a poor grasp of English then I'd almost expect these type of comments, but given his ties to the club and what we and particularly he has gone through over almost the entirety of his time in management at the club, I think there might be more to it.

i think he should of shown a wee bit of humility there! No one is expecting to see us go all Ajax/Barcelona stylie(although it would nice) but it would be nice to see a team that has spirit and desire to win, and one that can pass the ball! Also, if i was one of the younger lads at the club i wouldnt be too happy at being told i'm only good enough for this division and not the next! he needs to get off his high horse stop being a martyr and tell us why we cant pass!

That's true. If Ally was a foreign manager with a poor grasp of English then I'd almost expect these type of comments, but given his ties to the club and what we and particularly he has gone through over almost the entirety of his time in management at the club, I think there might be more to it.

But it's cryptic stuff that seems certain to be trying to distract from our on the field problems.

If there are some serious extenuating circumstances then there's no reason at all for the fans to not know exactly what they are.

Edited by simplythebest

But it's cryptic stuff that seems certain to be trying to distract from our on the field problems.

If there are some serious extenuating circumstances then there's no reason at all for the fans to not know.

Shareholders? Sponsors? Everything has to be painted as rosy as possible right now. Doesn't make it true though.

Shareholders and sponsors seem pretty irrelevant to me if there's stuff going on causing us to be outplayed by Annan at home.

I read it as a broader statement in response to broader critisism. I didn't see any reference to any single game.

I also didn't see us being outplayed by Annan. We lost the game and we were a huge disappointment but we were still playing the better football for the majority of the game. That's not to take anything away from Annan who unlike us did defend very well.

I find that statement quite worrying. Last week Ally was agreeing with Charles Green that this is the poorest Rangers team ever. Today he comes out with a very defensive, inarticulate and cryptic speech that is as clear as mud. When I first read it I felt quite piqued that Ally was dismissing our opinions. Nothing can excuse the crap tactics and the dreadful lack of effort on the park. I think the fans deserve a better explanation. At the same time, I think enough of Ally to accept that something is amiss. Time will tell and I don't think we will have long to wait.

I read it as a broader statement in response to broader critisism. I didn't see any reference to any single game.

I also didn't see us being outplayed by Annan. We lost the game and we were a huge disappointment but we were still playing the better football for the majority of the game. That's not to take anything away from Annan who unlike us did defend very well.

Couldn't disagree more on Annan, they gave us a footballing lesson.