CHARLES GREEN has called for Rangers to be promoted to the middle tier of Scottish

No I expect him to act in his capacity as the CEO of RIFC as opposed to passing round the begging bowl to the RFFF.

You would imagine we would given the statement.

I think this was a legal shot across the bows of any new organisation.

If things stay as they are, the top team in the 2nd division is promoted to the 1st division, the bottom in the 1st division is relegated to the 2nd division, and the 2nd bottom in the 1st division and 2nd, 3rd and 4th in the 2nd division will be in play-offs to stay in or be promoted to division 1. Simple?

If the new proposals for two top divisions of 12 go through, 2 new teams have to be added to the 1st division/SFPL 2. I would hazard a guess that the proposal will be for no relegation from the current 1st division, leaving 2 spots open. The first of these will go to the 2nd division champions. The 2nd of these the 2nd, 3rd and 4th teams in division 2 expect to fight for through a play off with a.n.other.

Is it just me or is the logical solution not for the 3rd division champions to take the place of the 2nd bottom team in the 1st division in those play offs?

We've been pretty rubbish this year so there's no guarantee. It gives us some reward / a chance of promotion for winning the division. We'd be promoted on merit. And the 2nd, 3rd and 4th placed teams are all expecting a play off anyway.

Guest nvager

What happens to the 3rd Div playoffs if no one can gain promotion? What about all the money, time and effort QP and others have put into the league this season?

Can ST holders sue the SPL/SFL/SFA for their money back if no promotion allowed and games were all friendlies?

The situation we find ourselves in is not an acceptable one.

I would prefer the CEO to be working behind the scenes to deal with this, not through statements on the website or in the press which only pave the way for loudmouth Chairmen and fans in a repeat of last seasons sporting integrity fiasco.

I would prefer the CEO to be working behind the scenes to deal with this, not through statements on the website or in the press which only pave the way for loudmouth Chairmen and fans in a repeat of last seasons sporting integrity fiasco.

Agreed, but he hasn't done anyone any favours (other than our enemies) by acting like a clown half the time because it's lowered his chances of being taken seriously and listened to behind the scenes and forces him to play these matters out in public to try to apply pressure in the public domain via the press. That's how I see it anyway, but I could be completely wrong obviously.

Problem there is he isn't allowed to sit down at the table, so this is his only way of talking to them. On this I actually back Green get our views out in the open get people talking about this, if we don't the SPL muppets will just force this through with their bribes.

Problem there is he isn't allowed to sit down at the table, so this is his only way of talking to them. On this I actually back Green get our views out in the open get people talking about this, if we don't the SPL muppets will just force this through with their bribes.

It's not as if we're banned from attending meetings and talking to the chairmen and CEOs of other clubs though Allan. We just don't have an actual vote, so probably won't be at the official vote meetings.