Honduras has talent for Ibrox

RANGERS have sent a delegation on a top-secret scouting mission to HONDURAS.

No2 Kenny McDowall and agent Dave Baldwin took in the Tegucigalpa derby between Motagua and Olimpia on Saturday.

Sources claim Rangers were in Central America to run the rule over three Motagua players â?? Bryan Figueroa, Junior Padilla and Omar Elvir.

Motaguaâ??s technical director Julio Gutierrez said: â??I think itâ??s their fourth of fifth visit to check out the talented players in Honduras.

â??Theyâ??ve a representative working for them here called Eduardo Perez Monte â?? and our players have been motivated because they knew about their visit.

â??Letâ??s hope they can see something interesting from our players, who want to impress to have an opportunity abroad.

â??Rangers are just doing their job. They have been visiting other people in the country in an attempt to open connections with different Premier clubs.â?

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/feeds/smartphone/scotland/4858037/Honduras-has-talent-for-Ibrox.html#ixzz2OVXBS4xo

:facepalm:

RANGERS have sent a delegation on a top-secret scouting mission to HONDURAS.

No2 Kenny McDowall and agent Dave Baldwin took in the Tegucigalpa derby between Motagua and Olimpia on Saturday.

Sources claim Rangers were in Central America to run the rule over three Motagua players â?? Bryan Figueroa, Junior Padilla and Omar Elvir.

Motaguaâ??s technical director Julio Gutierrez said: â??I think itâ??s their fourth of fifth visit to check out the talented players in Honduras.

â??Theyâ??ve a representative working for them here called Eduardo Perez Monte â?? and our players have been motivated because they knew about their visit.

â??Letâ??s hope they can see something interesting from our players, who want to impress to have an opportunity abroad.

â??Rangers are just doing their job. They have been visiting other people in the country in an attempt to open connections with different Premier clubs.â?

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/feeds/smartphone/scotland/4858037/Honduras-has-talent-for-Ibrox.html#ixzz2OVXBS4xo

:facepalm:

I don't get the Honduras connection. We've been continually linked with this or that Honduran in the mhedia ever since Izaguirre put them on the Scottish football atlas.

Now we hear McDowall is out there on our 'fourth of fifth visit'. Has somebody at the club got a timeshare or something?

I don't get the Honduras connection. We've been continually linked with this or that Honduran in the mhedia ever since Izaguirre put them on the Scottish football atlas.

Now we hear McDowall is out there on our 'fourth of fifth visit'. Has somebody at the club got a timeshare or something?

Shhhhh!, it's top secret!

This link has one back since the 2010 World Cup in South Africa when McCoist was commentating and made connections with Honduras.

Steve Bruce and Wigan have done well in that market but that is Premier League.

Just wrote a remark in another thread, that could be easily C&P'ed to this one. People cry for our scouts to check out talent all over the world, to get it and hopefully sell it on a profit. Now we go there, check out some talented people and people offer snide remarks about it? It must be the weather ...

Just wrote a remark in another thread, that could be easily C&P'ed to this one. People cry for our scouts to check out talent all over the world, to get it and hopefully sell it on a profit. Now we go there, check out some talented people and people offer snide remarks about it? It must be the weather ...

Like I said, I don't get it. Just like I don't get why of all the forum topics you could choose to go on the defensive about, you pick this one.

Since your interested though - a little more info on the 3 players mentioned:

- Bryan Figueroa. 20 yr old defender. 9 appearances for Montagua.

- Junior Padilla. 20 yr old midfielder. 9 appearances for Montagua.

- Omar Elvir. 23 yr old defender / defensive Left-Mid. 21 appearances for Montagua.

Didn't take me long to spot this lad while I was browsing. I wonder if our scouts will have had a peek at him yet. Apart from seeming to be a real talent, he's only 17 so we could at least in theory sign him in the summer.

Don't know what to make of this.

Looks like an agent at work, Montagua are 8th in a 10 team league. Two of the players mentioned appear to have broken into their team recently, Omar Elvir seems to have been a regular for a few years, none are internationalists.

But I do believe than any player recommended has to be at least looked at. Honduras recently beat the USA in a World Cup Qualifier which would suggest they have a few decent players, with about half the squad still playing in Honduras.

Like I said, I don't get it. Just like I don't get why of all the forum topics you could choose to go on the defensive about, you pick this one.

Since your interested though - a little more info on the 3 players mentioned:

- Bryan Figueroa. 20 yr old defender. 9 appearances for Montagua.

- Junior Padilla. 20 yr old midfielder. 9 appearances for Montagua.

- Omar Elvir. 23 yr old defender / defensive Left-Mid. 21 appearances for Montagua.

Didn't take me long to spot this lad while I was browsing. I wonder if our scouts will have had a peek at him yet. Apart from seeming to be a real talent, he's only 17 so we could at least in theory sign him in the summer.

Not exactly played a lot of games for their club have they?