Dons face Gers duel for Murray

McInnes knows how to play Sandaza, McCoist doesn't. We signed a player who plays best in a particular system and play him in a completely different system. Not very clever.

So we should build our team and style of play around Sandaza? Not very clever.

The player either doesn't want to play for Rangers or wants us to compensate him for dropping down a level. If playing for Rangers isn't compensation enough for him then we shouldn't pursue this one any further.

He's a decent enough player, but not good enough to push the boat out for. Higher wages should be saved for players who'll make a significant difference.

Perfectly put. Too much money is being thrown out for average players.

Sandaza is not going to stick around much longer anyway which is perfectly fine.

Edited by DUDE

Sandaza is not going to stick around much longer anyway which is perfectly fine.

We obviously had far better and more choices handy in the 14 signing-days we had. I think people were queuing up to sign for the Third Division might we currently are. People who some on here would think "reasonable" or "good" signings that is. (Yep, that was sarcasm.)

Ally's made a hash of numerous line-ups and used the 4-4-1-1 line-up, not to speak of the 4-2-3-1 far too often. Neither is suited for Sandaza or Little, not least when Sandaza has been injured (which, btw, is not exactly his fault) that long. Put him alongside another striker with two half-decent wingers on each flank and you'll get rewards. Currently, we have a team around him performing at 30% of average SPL standard and expect him to shine ... by the looks of it? Really, sometimes people should look of what we have, where we are, take a deep breath, and adjust their expectations of team and players accordingly. It is beyond debate that we expect much more than what we are served since the turn of the year. But if you read some on here, you'd think we talk about people of Jelavic's, Naismith's or Weiss' quality.

where's he going then ? who'll give him the same or better terms than in his 4 year deal he got last summer ? a poor signing whom we're stuck with unfortunately.

We obviously had far better and more choices handy in the 14 signing-days we had. I think people were queuing up to sign for the Third Division might we currently are. People who some on here would think "reasonable" or "good" signings that is. (Yep, that was sarcasm.)

Ally's made a hash of numerous line-ups and used the 4-4-1-1 line-up, not to speak of the 4-2-3-1 far too often. Neither is suited for Sandaza or Little, not least when Sandaza has been injured (which, btw, is not exactly his fault) that long. Put him alongside another striker with two half-decent wingers on each flank and you'll get rewards. Currently, we have a team around him performing at 30% of average SPL standard and expect him to shine ... by the looks of it? Really, sometimes people should look of what we have, where we are, take a deep breath, and adjust their expectations of team and players accordingly. It is beyond debate that we expect much more than what we are served since the turn of the year. But if you read some on here, you'd think we talk about people of Jelavic's, Naismith's or Weiss' quality.

I agree with what you're saying for the most part DB. We have to have realistic expectations of the standard of player we might attract and Sandaza isn't completely useless.

However, we didn't just sign him because he was the best we could get at the time for Div3. We were trying to sign him for the SPL in the previous window afterall. Also, as much as our current situation will make it more difficult to bring in higher quality players, it shouldn't mean that we're only looking at the dross. If we can get players like Wallace and Templeton to play for us in Div3 then there's nothing to say we can't get even better players than them in. Every player will look at it differently.

Don't get me wrong mate. I've never critisised Super or Rangers for picking Fran up initially. In fact I was quite euphoric when he came here and thought he'd make an impact. What I do critisise though is the player for not showing anything since he's put on light blue. I'm well aware you can't expect to aquire the next superstar with the time and resources given, what you can expect of any professional footballer is to put forth and´effort rather than trotting around on the pitch and turning into a pillar of salt everytime a ball flies towards him. And that has nothing to do with formation but with attitude.