Leggat - SPL DEMAND THAT RANGERS PAY HARPER MACLEOD AND LORD NIMMO SMITH

We still do not have a full membership remember.

I was under the impression that our full SFA membership was eventually transferred and it's our SFL membership which isn't 'full'.

I was under the impression that our full SFA membership was eventually transferred and it's our SFL membership which isn't 'full'.

I thought it was the SFA that held us to Ransom and later gave us a unofficial membership. I may be wrong though

RANGERS last night branded the SPL “ridiculous” after learning they were being pursued for legal costs of £500,000.

SPL supremo Neil Doncaster has approved a claim against Rangers following its inquiry into undeclared payments to players.

An SPL spokesman said: “There has been a routine application for costs given that the case was successfully pursued by the SPL.”

But they refused to say whether the claim was against Gers’ oldco, newco or both parties.

In response Rangers said: “This matter has been dragged out long enough and we had thought Lord Nimmo Smith’s verdict would have been an end to it.

“Attempting to stretch it out even further does not help the image of a game torn by dissension and engulfed in turmoil.

“It is important to remember Lord Nimmo Smith apportioned no blame against Rangers FC and thus no sanctions were imposed on the club.

“It is inconceivable, therefore — as well as ridiculous — that the SPL should even think about pursuing this club for costs against what was widely regarded as an ill-conceived and unwise course of action by them in the first place.”

Rangers’ oldco were fined £250,000 when the Commission announced its findings in February.

But there was no chance of that amount being paid and it’s certain this claim will meet with a similar response.

Lord Nimmo Smith’s Commission found no sporting advantage had been gained and did not strip Gers of any titles.

Meanwhile, Rangers have confirmed that chief scout Neil Murray has left the club.

A statement added: “Neil has been in talks with the club for more than a week and both Rangers and Neil have agreed to part company.

“However, contrary to one malicious newspaper report, he’s not departing because of any ‘scandal’.

“In fact, Neil has agreed to act as a consultant.”

Murray added: “I have no desire to add to the speculation which has surfaced in the media.”

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/feeds/smartphone/scotland/4870981/SPL-hunt-Gers-for-500000.html#ixzz2PMNH5nJp

Guest Dummiesoot
If it wasn't a scandal why did Coisty refer to the matter as "very sensitive" ?

Surely anyone losing their job is sensitive.

I think its time the club came out with a statement saying we wont be part of SPL again until the incompetent are removed.

I hope Green is pursuing a move elsewhere at the moment.

I think its time the club came out with a statement saying we wont be part of SPL again until the incompetent are removed.

I hope Green is pursuing a move elsewhere at the moment.

Disagree Gribz we should let them make a cunt of themselves and by the time we are back, hopefully, the football world will have kicked the gruesome twosome into touch.

Disagree Gribz we should let them make a cunt of themselves and by the time we are back, hopefully, the football world will have kicked the gruesome twosome into touch.

I do see that view also, but if nobody fights back then the Scottish game goes even further backwards for the next 3-4 years with this 12-12-18. That is going to go through and it will be stuck there. Even the fans of all clubs dont want it. TV contracts wont get signed with no Rangers so we should make a stronger stance.