Whyte v Green - Who owns Rangers? (The Sun)

I am not saying that Whyte is the owner. I don't think any of us know who is. It is not Green though, despite the Sun's headline saying it is him or Whyte. What is unequivocally clear here is that even as Green stood and made ringing pledges that he would never lie to us and that he'd always call a spade a spade, he was in fact lying through his teeth and calling a spade whatever he thought would best disguise its true nature. "I'm an honest guy". Jesus wept. We sure attract them.

Not sure of the ins and outs here but every person who was interested in buying the club last year will have met with Craig Whyte and done some sort of deal with him.

This website continually made the point that the most important part of any deal to 'buy' Rangers was to remove Whyte from the pot. The question we now have is just how far removed he is and how does Charles Green intend persuading 38,000 season ticket holders (and a raft of IPO investors) that his interests (and the club's interests) are indeed separate from a common criminal.

And how can we be expected to believe a word he says? I know Rangers' fans infamously believe lying owners and CEOs but that has got to stop eventually, surely? "Two hundred times bitten, once shy" and all that.....

I thought Sevco 5088 had nothing to do with the purchase of the club and the trade and assets went straight from the plc to Sevco Scotland?

Not according to the CVA proposal or wikipedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ownership_of_Rangers_F.C.

Liquidation and current ownership

Sevco 5088 Ltd was formed on 29 May 2012 as a means for Charles Green to acquire the assets of The Rangers Football Club plc (subsequently renamed RFC 2012 plc), should it go into liquidation. Green agreed a deal with the administrators of Rangers to purchase its assets for a £5.5million fee if a proposed CVA was to be rejected.

On 14 June 2012, their formal rejection of the proposed CVA[31] meant that the company would enter the liquidation process.[32] The accountancy firm BDO were appointed to reveal why the company running the club failed.[33][34]

Hours after the CVA's rejection, Green completed the purchase of the assets and various contracts for Sevco 5088 Ltd.[35] The company acquired Ibrox Stadium and Murray Park on 14 June 2012 after the rejection of a proposed CVA meant that RFC 2012 plc would enter liquidation.[36] along with various other assets including intellectual property, goodwill and various contracts.[37][38] The assets were then transferred to a company called Sevco Scotland Ltd[39] which changed its name to 'The Rangers Football Club Ltd' at the end of July, 2012. An application to transfer the Scottish Premier League membership from the 'oldco' to the 'newco' was rejected on a 10–1 vote.[40] Thereafter, an application to the Scottish Football League was successful with Rangers securing associate membership and a place in the 4th tier of Scottish Football, Division 3, for the 2012–13 season.[41][42] Agreement was reached on the transfer of SFA membership, with the new company accepting a number of conditions relating to the old company.[43] The club also awaits the conclusion of an investigation of alleged rule breaking by use of dual contracts by Rangers over the period 2001 to 2010.[44] Former Rangers owner David Murray has denied any cheating took place during his stewardship.[21]

As a result of Rangers' "assets, business and history" being sold to a new company when The Rangers Football Club plc (subsequently renamed as RFC 2012 plc) entered the liquidation process, the extent to which Rangers can be regarded as a continuation of the club officially founded in 1872 has been interpreted differently.[45] The Rangers Football Club has been described by some in the mainstream media as a "new club",[46][47] whilst Chief Executive Charles Green has maintained "this is still Rangers",[48][49] with the SPL chairman Neil Doncaster saying "it is an existing club, even though it's a new company".[50][51]

In December 2012, a company called Rangers International PLC was formed and listed on the London stock exchange and became the holding company for the The Rangers Football Club Ltd which, in turn, owns the football club.

And how can we be expected to believe a word he says? I know Rangers' fans infamously believe lying owners and CEOs but that has got to stop eventually, surely? "Two hundred times bitten, once shy" and all that.....

I don't believe a word of any Rangers director nowadays. Quite clearly, these people will tell us anything to pacify us in the short-term without any concern about the long-term.

Whyte is a liar and will possibly after the BDO investigation be shown to be a criminal too. I sympathise with Green in that he had to work with this person to try and push a deal through but unless he's done so very carefully and with his own evidence then he may be tainted as well.

Certainly, when it comes to earning the trust of our fans, he may be back to square one in that respect.

The other questions are a) how much more 'evidence' is Whyte sitting on? b) Why has he left it till now to present this evidence? c) Why has he done so through the tabloids instaed of the courts if he thinks he has any real claim of ownership?

This is hilarious, usual suspects on here cuming in there pants because Whyte opens his lying mouth. The same man who they told us was a lying bassa, we suddenly now have to believe is a paragon of truth and justice. :roflmao:

I've no doubt Green told him all the lies in the world to get the goggly eyed f#^k out of the picture, good on him. I'm sure he's shitting himself about going to court against Whyte. I mean we all know Whytes track record on court cases, he either doesn't follow through with it being a lying shitbag or when he's dragged into court the judge laughs at him as some Walter Mitty character who can't open his mouth without lying.

But that doesn't matter this time because he's painted Green in a bad light it suits some folks agenda on here. :facepalm:

The other questions are a) how much more 'evidence' is Whyte sitting on? b) Why has he left it till now to present this evidence? c) Why has he done so through the tabloids instaed of the courts if he thinks he has any real claim of ownership?

Think you've answered all your questions yourself there mate.