Burke wants to stay at Ibrox.

While I agree we should try and retain the services of Burke I hope the club will not be held to ransom by his and his fathers ( his representative ) demands. Allegedly a £12,000 a week deal has already been turned town if reports are to be believed. A lot of the 'affection' for Burke has been built on the back of the 'True Blue' programme from a few years back and the fact he's one of a few young Scottish players to break into the first team. The fact remains however that he's still to prove himself on a consistent basis.

Burke hasn't played much football over last couple seasons what with his viral condition od couple seasons ago and his constantly dislocating shoulder this one and i'm sure Rangers are taking this into account in their negotations. Probably offering a lower basic wage allayed to high first team appearance bonus's until he proves his fitness, while his father will be after a higher basic wage.

Malky

I hope we find a solution. We can't afford to be losing players like Burke in our current situation

To be honest...why??

He is always injured and what has he contributed in the time he has been at Ibrox??

Let him go...money grabbing wee shit!!

To be honest...why??

He is always injured and what has he contributed in the time he has been at Ibrox??

He does get injured a lot over seemingly 'soft' tackles BUT have we got any better? What are the other options - Sionko? Maybe Martin I'm struggling to think of any more. It's his Dad that's behind it all. His Dad also happends to be a Celtic fan

To be honest...why??

I think the Burke situation, like Maloney's, has been hyped by the press beyond belief. Yes Burke's playing the game to get the best deal he can but you can hardly blame him. He's come out in the press to say he wants to stay but footballer's rarely accept the first offer and he's no different.

I fully expect Rangers to announce him signing a new contract at some point in the next few weeks.

Well I for one think 600K a year plus bonuses for a not yet fully proven 22 year old who is constantly injured or ill, playing in the SPL for a club struggling to compete on its budget, is highly generous. I think I'd have offerred him 10 grand a week

He should look at his peers, Brown and Thomson, who are on 1500 a week and would jump at the chance to sign for Rangers on 12 grand a week.

I also doubt Letizi, Clement, Papac, Svensson, Sionko or Sebo are on more than that and Ponroy and Stanger are probably on a tiny fraction.

Vignal was offered 9k, take it or leave it.

He has to remember that the money for his wages comes out the fans pockets and I for one have no sympathy for a guy who's been offered a contract that will earn him more in 3 weeks than I do in a year. It's a fair offer and turning it down is a great slap in the face to the fans as well as the club who stood by him while he spent years on the sidelines due to illness and injury.

At a time when we're crying out for loyal players, he is displaying a distinct lack of it.

There's holding out for a good deal and pure greed and this smacks of the latter.