John Gow - Time for Rangers and Green to part company

I don't understand that viewpoint at all Frankie. How can his overall performance be regarded as good when he's been relatively constant in talking rubbish? It's been a never-ending stream of playing to the fans to get us on side with cheap jokes/jibes, moonbeams, and a plethora of nonsense which in all probability has been over 90% untrue, incorrect or unrealistic.

I think it's also worth considering that every lie told could be seen to cancel out a good deed and I think if you started doing the arithmetic on that one you'd run out of good deeds rather swiftly.

I'm more concerned with his actions than his words.

Every CEO talks up their club and while truth should be our byword, it's not been a surprise to see CG caught out more than once - perhaps not always deliberately but certainly enough to deserve strong criticism.

However, his actions by and large have been positive and while he's been awful in the media for last week, previously he has been pretty good. I think it's unfair to ignore the hard work he put in to buy the club, to defend it from an unprecedented onslaught, to secure investment and to achieve a successful IPO.

Again, Green deserves strong criticism (and I've been consistent in my criticism of him throughout his tenure) but I'm not convinced the club would benefit from sacking him. At this moment in time at least.

Sorry but this is all what is wrong with us.

Winning a top league title in a "few" years should NOT be what we are all about.

How about youth development, scouting, brand awareness, renovating Ibrox, a philosophy, good corporate governance, increasing revenue streams, defined long-term goals, creating sustainability ?

Nope, all irrelevant just so long as we win a top league title in a few years.

I despair that we are still going round in the same circles.

This is much wider issue than Green though.

Stick to your guns mate your doing fine, don't let them talk you around.

Your criticism of Ally isn't misplaced, the man thinks he's God of all a sudden.

He does ? Cant say I have seen that. Any suggestion as to why you think that way ?

He does ? Cant say I have seen that. Any suggestion as to why you think that way ?

Just his general bullishness since the weekend, he sees Green as weak and is suddenly throwing about demands for this and that. While trying to tell anybody that will listen this isn't the worst team almost all of us have seen.

He should just come out and say we have been terrible this season, yes we won the league but the standard of football has been terrible. He doesn't need to defend the players they all have tweeted or spoke about how bad they've been this season.

But instead he is trying to convince us it wasn't as bad as we all know it was.

This is much wider issue than Green though.

But the buck stops with the CEO. And you seem to be fine, going by your last post, with just winning an SPL title in a few years - all the rest of it isnt an issue, or at least not one you felt worthy of note.

Just his general bullishness since the weekend, he sees Green as weak and is suddenly throwing about demands for this and that. While trying to tell anybody that will listen this isn't the worst team almost all of us have seen.

He should just come out and say we have been terrible this season, yes we won the league but the standard of football has been terrible. He doesn't need to defend the players they all have tweeted or spoke about how bad they've been this season.

But instead he is trying to convince us it wasn't as bad as we all know it was.

So McCoist thinks he is God because he tells some lies.... but Green is OK to do so ?

McCoist's lies regarding the team are what the vast majority of managers will do, and would do, in his situation - unfortunately players want, and need, their egos stroked. We dont have a particularly good, or large, squad right now - so to come out and say that they are pish (which is what he would be doing effectively) isnt a particularly wise move. The decent players would be the first ones looking for the nearest exit. But if you dont think that he needs to play that particular issue with kid gloves then we will just have to agree to disagree. When it comes to managing players we all have seen how that can be difficult to do when dealing with their egos and personalities. I spoke to one of the Academy youth coaches last week and he was certainly clear that behind the scenes McCoist is far, far from happy at the performances this year - but the public face sometimes has to say different in order to keep the peace with his squad. And, yes, there MIGHT be instances where CG has to do likewise - nothing really this week though that he couldnt have handled far better.

What demands has McCoist been throwing at Green ? To tell us the truth ? what other demands has he been making ?

I dont think he is trying to convince us of anything. He knows as well as we do that the performances have been awful. You honestly think he doesnt see what we see ? Of course he does. But, as said above, he has players who wouldnt take too kindly to being told they arent up to the bottom tier of Scottish football, whether that is the truth or not.

But the buck stops with the CEO. And you seem to be fine, going by your last post, with just winning an SPL title in a few years - all the rest of it isnt an issue, or at least not one you felt worthy of note.

I believe we'd need to change manager to have a football revolution and that would appear unlikely, so success will be measured by winning trophies again.

So McCoist thinks he is God because he tells some lies.... but Green is OK to do so ?

McCoist's lies regarding the team are what the vast majority of managers will do, and would do, in his situation - unfortunately players want, and need, their egos stroked. We dont have a particularly good, or large, squad right now - so to come out and say that they are pish (which is what he would be doing effectively) isnt a particularly wise move. The decent players would be the first ones looking for the nearest exit. But if you dont think that he needs to play that particular issue with kid gloves then we will just have to agree to disagree. When it comes to managing players we all have seen how that can be difficult to do when dealing with their egos and personalities. I spoke to one of the Academy youth coaches last week and he was certainly clear that behind the scenes McCoist is far, far from happy at the performances this year - but the public face sometimes has to say different in order to keep the peace with his squad. And, yes, there MIGHT be instances where CG has to do likewise - nothing really this week though that he couldnt have handled far better.

What demands has McCoist been throwing at Green ? To tell us the truth ? what other demands has he been making ?

I dont think he is trying to convince us of anything. He knows as well as we do that the performances have been awful. You honestly think he doesnt see what we see ? Of course he does. But, as said above, he has players who wouldnt take too kindly to being told they arent up to the bottom tier of Scottish football, whether that is the truth or not.

To be honest I actually don't think he does see it as all that bad he's a student of Walter, as for the players egos I'm sure there bank balance will out weigh any criticism they should have coming.

If he is telling people its not good enough he should also be telling us the bill payers the same, after all we live in this full disclosure world these days.

And right on time The Mentor releases a statement backing up his student.

Edited by GovanAllan

I believe we'd need to change manager to have a football revolution and that would appear unlikely, so success will be measured by winning trophies again.

A football club's success should not be measured solely in winning trophies - not in this day and age unfortunately. Or perhaps the events of the last 18 months have already been forgotten....

Funny how you only pick out any of the footballing items and none of the business items to defend yourself/CG.

A football club's success should not be measured solely in winning trophies - not in this day and age unfortunately. Or perhaps the events of the last 18 months have already been forgotten....

Funny how you only pick out any of the footballing items and none of the business items to defend yourself/CG.

I could mention financial stability but that gets turned around into a slagging as well usually, Green cutting costs to pay dividends, never mind the fact the club nearly died showing 'ambition'.