John Gow - Time for Rangers and Green to part company

I wrote an article, if the CRO can put it up that will sum up my reasoning.

Just post it or post a section of it in a "In Defense of Charles Green" thread to get your point across. We might not all agree with you, but everyone's opinions are welcome.

I've said on twitter, and in person a few times since, that Green has to go. This was my immediate reaction to his "paki" jibes when I first read them late on Saturday night, and I stick by it. Its no bandwagon, its how I feel.

All things considered, we needed a Green-type figure. The street-fighter description that has been used is a good one; someone who will scrap and fight dirty where necessary. Someone who would stand up for what he believed in and wasn't afraid to speak his mind. For the most part, I've been behind what he has said, and I have been prepared to forgive some of his half-truths because he was actually delivering the big-ticket items that he said he would. But I simply cannot fathom why his press statements and poor judgement seem to have escalated so much in the space of the last week other than to say his ego seems to be out of control.

We need someone now who can help us through the growth and regeneration phase. Green may well be someone that in other circumstances could do the job well, but he's made too many enemies and got his hands too dirty along the way. As I said, much of this was absolutely necessary but we need a safer pair of hands to take us forward from here. Green must go.

That is probably the most sensible post on Green I've read in this whole mess. :thup:

Safer pair of hands I hope means somebody who knows how to fight cute, because he will have a lot more battles to fight.

Sure, but for me it's always been a case of how we can't fully judge Green's reign until we're back on the top flight.

I love how you're willing to afford that to an untrustworthy liar who isn't a real Rangers fan, but not to Super Ally.

And if Green does in fact stay and leads us to a top league title within the next few years will you say you were wrong?

Sorry but this is all what is wrong with us.

Winning a top league title in a "few" years should NOT be what we are all about.

How about youth development, scouting, brand awareness, renovating Ibrox, a philosophy, good corporate governance, increasing revenue streams, defined long-term goals, creating sustainability ?

Nope, all irrelevant just so long as we win a top league title in a few years.

I despair that we are still going round in the same circles.

Sure, but for me it's always been a case of how we can't fully judge Green's reign until we're back on the top flight. Many on here used to agree with that, not anymore apparently.

Likewise, many have said that Ally shouldnt really be judged until he has had a transfer window or two and some have even said not until we are back int he top flight.... seems that you only agree with it when it comes to the CEO.....

I don't think he has to go but as I said before he has to be utterly honest with us right now. no matter what the truth is he has to lay it all bare.

if he stands by his story and insists we now know everything that's fine. but it has to be the truth.

one more murky link to whyte he hasn't owned up to will be the end of him.

just tell us the truth Charles even if that's you did a dodgey deal with d&p and whyte is blue pitch or whatever. just tell us.

Charles Green issued with notice of complaint

Wednesday, 10 April 2013

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish...1&newsID=11678

The Compliance Officer has issued the following Notice of Complaint:

Alleged Party in Breach: Charles Green (Rangers FC)

Date: On or around 6th April 2013

Disciplinary Rule(s) allegedly breached:

(1) Disciplinary Rule 66 (Bringing the game into disrepute by making comments in a media interview of an offensive and racist nature); and

(2) Disciplinary Rule 71 (Not acting in the best interests of Association Football by making comments in a media interview of an offensive and racist nature.)

Principal Hearing Date: Thursday, 25th April 2013

Mr Green has until Wednesday, 17th April 2013 to respond to the Notice of Complaint.

Rule 66: No recognised football body, club, official, Team Official or other member of Team Staff, player, referee, or other person under the jurisdiction of the Scottish FA shall bring the game into disrepute.

Rule 71: A recognised football body, club, official, Team Official, other member of Team Staff, player or other person under the jurisdiction of the Scottish FA shall, at all times, act in the best interests of Association Football. Furthermore such person or body shall not act in any manner which is improper or use any one, or a combination of, violent conduct, serious foul play, threatening, abusive or indecent or insulting words or behaviour.

Now you mention it, I am on the verge of taking a step back on my criticism of Ally, in the name of the calm I'm preaching.

Stick to your guns mate your doing fine, don't let them talk you around.

Your criticism of Ally isn't misplaced, the man thinks he's God of all a sudden.