Police Raids Over Club Purchase

Has Green ever let anyone see the deeds of Ibrox as Brown was shouting? What were the payments to Green?

Will we ever know? Anyway, as I see it, the admins - as far as I am concerned - legally transferred the club into the hands of Sevco Scotland Ltd. (of whom I think Whyte is no part of). Out of reach of Whyte et al. Unless something can be revealed to the contrary, I'll go by this assumption and leave the conspiracy theories for others.

NB: Maybe I a mwrong, but are the deeds not available to the public anyway, if asked for at the correct places?

Will we ever know? Anyway, as I see it, the admins - as far as I am concerned - legally transferred the club into the hands of Sevco Scotland Ltd. (of whom I think Whyte is no part of). Out of reach of Whyte et al. Unless something can be revealed to the contrary, I'll go by this assumption and leave the conspiracy theories for others.

NB: Maybe I a mwrong, but are the deeds not available to the public anyway, if asked for at the correct places?

Ticketus have just won a civil suit in the High Court in London against Whyte. This allows them to go after the money they lent to him. The result of this case enhances the police case against Whyte for fraudulent acts. When HMRC refused the CVA and forced Rangers PLC into liquidation this had the effect of making Whyte's shares in Rangers PLC worthless. The assets, history etc. of Rangers PLC were sold by the Administrators to Sevco Scotland ( which according to the thread the other night by 'The Boss', severs any connection Whyte may have had through Sevco 5088 to Rangers). This means Whyte has no claim whatsoever on Rangers as they stand today. His only hope of recovering anything would be in some kind of civil action against Charles or Imran for a monetary settlement.

during administration it was clearly proving difficult to get Whyte to give up his shares in the oldco. Remember his ultimate aim was to get back ownership after admin. was over but that wasn't going to be possible after it was discovered what he'd been up to. D&P kept saying they'd a 'mechanism' to do get the shares but it never seemed to materialise.

I've no doubt CW & his consortium had to use whatever means they needed to in order to get Whyte to give up the shares. Even deception.

Yes but who were they deceiving?

Since when did D&P become so trustworthy?

Yes but who were they deceiving?

Since when did D&P become so trustworthy?

They had to deceive Whyte into giving up his shares. Perhaps by whatever means.

I don't think D&P were the baddies you make them out to be. I think were a bit taken aback at what Whyte had done.

Why did they not go for the full 27 million he borrowed? That leaves Whyte with a pay packet of 10 million.

Craig Whyte: former Rangers owner loses Ticketus battle

Craig Whyte Craig Whyte has been ordered to pay £18m plus costs to the finance firm Ticketus

Continue reading the main story

Related Stories

Whyte set for Rangers court battle

Ticketus begins Whyte legal bid

Craig Whyte has been ordered to pay £18m to the finance firm Ticketus after he lost a claim against him at the High Court in London.

The firm, which provided nearly £27m to help the businessman purchase Rangers Football Club two years ago, said it had also been awarded interest and costs.

The former chairman of Rangers has until 26 April to lodge an appeal.

The court battle has no effect on current operations at Ibrox.

The judgement, handed down last Friday, ordered Mr Whyte to to re-pay £17.7m - plus £680,000 in interest, as well as legal costs.

Ticketus, which is part of Octopus Investments, said the court had ruled that Mr Whyte failed to disclose his business background when he signed for the finance in return for a portion of three years of season ticket sales.

Lost control

The company described these as "serious and deliberate misrepresentations".

BBC Scotland revealed in October 2011 the then Rangers owner had previously been banned as a company director.

In a statement, Ticketus said: "Ticketus would not have entered into the ticket purchase agreement with the club if Mr Whyte had disclosed, as required, relevant information concerning his previous seven year disqualification from serving as a director, and the reasons for the disqualification".

Under Craig Whyte's ownership Rangers went into administration in February 2012 over non-payment of VAT and National Insurance totalling about £14m.

The contract with Ticketus was subsequently terminated by the administrators, Duff and Phelps, but it emerged Mr Whyte gave personal and corporate guarantees over the deal.

Mr Whyte lost control when the assets of Rangers Football Club were eventually taken over by a new company run by Charles Green's consortium, with the "oldco" liquidated.

Smaller amount

Ticketus' court action has not been for the full £27m. The amount it sought, £17.7m, covers the value of what it invested, with the £9m difference made up by the profit it expected to make if it were successful in meeting its season ticket sales targets.

Going after the lower sum was thought to be a simpler legal process, but Ticketus is understood to be leaving its options open for further legal action to recover the full sum.

The company said Mr Whyte sought to counter-sue, and that these attempts were rejected.

The BBC has not been able to see the actual wording of the High Court judgement.

In a separate development, Craig Whyte claimed last week he was prepared to go to court to prove he is still the owner of the football club's assets.

They had to deceive Whyte into giving up his shares. Perhaps by whatever means.

I don't think D&P were the baddies you make them out to be. I think were a bit taken aback at what Whyte had done.

I don't know how it'll ultimately pan out for D&P legally because they're not daft, but there is evidence to suggest that D&P have been up to their necks in it since before Whyte even acquired David Murray's shares and took over and that in itself leaves D&P stinking of stitching Rangers up and almost helping kill the club in my book.

I don't know how it'll ultimately pan out for D&P legally because they're not daft, but there is evidence to suggest that D&P have been up to their necks in it since before Whyte even acquired David Murray's shares and took over and that in itself leaves D&P stinking of stitching Rangers up and almost helping kill the club in my book.

I was sitting on the fence for a long time but this is all starting to stink for me. I am even starting to think the Green and Whyte is not just coincidental either. I wonder who orchestrated all of this. Maybe I have lost the plot.

Who orchestrated Lloyds?

Who orchestrated the HRMC leaks to the RTC

I just don't trust anyone any more. I can't help thinking this has all been set up by someone.

Why did they not go for the full 27 million he borrowed? That leaves Whyte with a pay packet of 10 million.

Think £27m was the face value of the tickets including VAT whereas Ticketus paid circa £17m at a discounted ex VAT price but not 100% sure, will know after I check some papers later.

Edited by forlanssister

I was sitting on the fence for a long time but this is all starting to stink for me. I am even starting to think the Green and Whyte is not just coincidental either. I wonder who orchestrated all of this. Maybe I have lost the plot.

Who orchestrated Lloyds?

Who orchestrated the HRMC leaks to the RTC

I just don't trust anyone any more. I can't help thinking this has all been set up by someone.

Alex Salmond is in on it! :)