Green signed off on Whyte's appointment as a director of Sevco 5088

We had Martin Bain for years. Even if you preferred him to now you surely can't think he was all those things?

You have to look at the Martin Bain era as two distinct periods, the first period where he was basically Murray's lapdog does I concede appear rather lamentable but the second period when he left Murray's lap was much more befitting of someone holding the position of CEO at Rangers.

Bringing up the faults of Bain and David Murray is a very poor way to try to defend Green.

Not so much trying to defend him but you're talking about the requirements to be CEO etc. In my relatively short lifetime I've never felt the boardroom officials have fully done the club proud, apart from AJ probably.

You have to look at the Martin Bain era as two distinct periods, the first period where he was basically Murray's lapdog does I concede appear rather lamentable but the second period when he left Murray's lap was much more befitting of someone holding the position of CEO at Rangers.

Was he not pretty much doing Muir and the bank's bidding in that period though?

The form referred to in the OP, if genuine, could just be another example of Green shafting Whyte. I've had people sign these forms and they end up not being appointed for one reason or another.

However even if what I've said is correct, and my gut gels me it is not, there are still lads of unanswered questions.

Not so much trying to defend him but you're talking about the requirements to be CEO etc. In my relatively short lifetime I've never felt the boardroom officials have fully done the club proud, apart from AJ probably.

If I'm brutally frank, I think Martin Bain was nearing being close to the minimum standard we should expect from a club CEO, but I do think he was acceptable and as forlan points out (and has been pointed out many many times), he really did come into his own when Murray was out of the picture.

Green is well below Bain's standard though, waaay below it. There's absolutely no comparison. Bain was respectable and credible whereas Green is not.

If I'm brutally frank, I think Martin Bain was nearing being close to the minimum standard we should expect from a club CEO, but I do think he was acceptable and as forlan points out (and has been pointed out many many times), he really did come into his own when Murray was out of the picture.

Green is well below Bain's standard though, waaay below it. There's absolutely no comparison. Bain was respectable and credible whereas Green is not.

Would Bain necessarily have raised 22 million in the share issue? It's not cut an dry.