Anyone else in CF1?

Tell me about it Ian. I've had three different fans throw the tim accusation/insinuation at me this week for speaking my mind about Green being a liar. How that makes me a target for abuse when I'm just telling it like it is and Green actually IS a liar I'll never know. Not only that, but some fans are taking it that having a go at Green is the same as having a go at the club. Well, Green might have started believing he was Mr Rangers, but he most certainly is not and any Bear having a go at him is only doing it because he's embarrassing the club they love by talking shite and telling lies!

The thing is Zappa,regardless of our opinions we all want what is best for Rangers but we all have different opinions and that is healthy IMO, however when you hear about things like the guy today intimidating fellow fans for me that is out of order,if the guys were singing outlawed songs I could understand but displaying a banner for what they believe in and getting hassle for it!, that is not right IMO. At least they are showing an interest in what is going on.

It had been an 'Ally out now' banner I do wonder if as many would be angry at the bald guy.

Well I would!. I might disagree with it,but I wouldn't go and rip it down!. If it was a Green/Ally must stay banner it would still be ok?.

Edited by ian1964

I wonder if he would have torn it down if four or five men were holding it up, instead of a couple of wee guys. It's not a "supporters" job to decide what banners are acceptable. If it's not offensive, or against the law/club policy, that idiot has no right to touch anyones banner. If someone has a problem with a fellow supporters behaviour, they should grass them to a steward, or mind their own business.

Saying all that, that "supporter" looks more like a hired henchman, than a Rangers fan. Holding up a banner that requests Mr Green to gtf, is a perfectly legitimate point of view, given the events of the last few weeks.

I wonder if he would have torn it down if four or five men were holding it up, instead of a couple of wee guys. It's not a "supporters" job to decide what banners are acceptable. If it's not offensive, or against the law/club policy, that idiot has no right to touch anyones banner. If someone has a problem with a fellow supporters behaviour, they should grass them to a steward, or mind their own business.

Saying all that, that "supporter" looks more like a hired henchman, than a Rangers fan. Holding up a banner that requests Mr Green to gtf, is a perfectly legitimate point of view, given the events of the last few weeks.

See that's your opinion though, I disagree. I think it's embarrassing, premature and disrespectful. Particularly in light of the fact the club will be holding an internal investigation before anything is decided. Before we turn into Chelsea and Blackburn fans lets see how that goes.

See that's your opinion though, I disagree. I think it's embarrassing, premature and disrespectful. Particularly in light of the fact the club will be holding an internal investigation before anything is decided. Before we turn into Chelsea and Blackburn fans lets see how that goes.

Yeah, it's my opinion, and the opinion of a great many of us, but it's hardly the point I was trying to make. You're entitled to think it was embarrassing and disrespectful, but photos of a grown man ripping banners from young fans hands is much more "embarrassing" in my opinion. I'm sure the straight talking, no holds barred Charles Green would be the first person to admit that paying supporters are allowed to express their opinion in the manner that they see fit. If its offensive or illegal, then let the stewards deal with it. Self styled opinionated vigilantes have no right to tell anyone how to register their displeasure at current events at Rangers.

The fact this "hero" was wearing an england tracksuit, without a hint of a Rangers scarf/shirt, makes the photo's even more nauseating. If he is a Scottish bear, then he needs to take a good look at himself. If he's an englishman up for the game, he can gtf, as far as I'm concerned. Our right to "free speech" on matters concerning the club, are much more important than some hooligan getting upset about a few words on a bed sheet.

When Green finally gets 100% exposed as the crook he is, you, STB, will have to leave the internet in shame, after the shameless defending of your hero.

I agree that there's an element of embarrassment in these types of situations, but the way you're portraying it isn't accurate. Here's the accurate chain of events: Green talks crap, acts like a clown, lets the words "paki" & "darkie" exit his cake hole during an official interview acting as Rangers CEO and gets shown to be a liar all in the space of a week. He gets more than one chance to rectify these mega-woopsies, but instead of doing so he just goes on to embarrass himself and the club even further because he isn't capable of acting appropriately on camera under the pressure of tough questions from an STV reporter. It's a total train wreck for Green and embarrassing for the club. More and more fans begin to want serious questions asked of Green & co at the very very least, but some fans have already had enough and want him gone, like last week. Some lads decide to make a "Green out now" banner to take to the game, which they have the right to do. There is an element of embarrassment in the event of fans feeling the need to do such a thing and going through with it, but the bottom line is that even if it is embarrassing to some people, it wouldn't have happened if it wasn't for Green acting like a complete muppet, getting called out as a liar and complete unconvincingly trying to defend himself like a kid caught with their hand in the cookie jar.

It was maybe a bit extreme but I found the banner an embarrassment.

Free speech is a noble notion till you disagree with what's said eh?

You were fortunate enough to find a vehicle for your pro-Green views the other day yet you begrudge others the same privilege.... :hm: