Anyone else in CF1?

And I thought I took forums too seriously...

I never said anything about the forum. I was suggesting that you cancel your internet subscription, and lock yourself in a darkened room for five years minimum as penance for your naivety with regards to Sir Charles of Green. Without getting too personal mate, it's supporters like you, and others, that make people like Green very rich men, for very little output.

I admire anyone that has the balls to write their opinion on a bed sheet, and display it in front of thousands of people. You are quite free to make your own banner, and display your undying love for Charles, if you so wish. Be thankful you live in part of the world that still allows you the freedom to do it.

I agree that there's an element of embarrassment in these types of situations, but the way you're portraying it isn't accurate. Here's the accurate chain of events: Green talks crap, acts like a clown, lets the words "paki" & "darkie" exit his cake hole during an official interview acting as Rangers CEO and gets shown to be a liar all in the space of a week. He gets more than one chance to rectify these mega-woopsies, but instead of doing so he just goes on to embarrass himself and the club even further because he isn't capable of acting appropriately on camera under the pressure of tough questions from an STV reporter. It's a total train wreck for Green and embarrassing for the club. More and more fans begin to want serious questions asked of Green & co at the very very least, but some fans have already had enough and want him gone, like last week. Some lads decide to make a "Green out now" banner to take to the game, which they have the right to do. There is an element of embarrassment in the event of fans feeling the need to do such a thing and going through with it, but the bottom line is that even if it is embarrassing to some people, it wouldn't have happened if it wasn't for Green acting like a complete muppet, getting called out as a liar and complete unconvincingly trying to defend himself like a kid caught with their hand in the cookie jar.

No need to list Green's mistakes I know them fine well, I think we mainly disagree on the severity of them and how forgivable it all is. I think with the good he's done the club some leeway and goodwill has to come into it, I think we need to be careful about the motives of those helping cause the stir i.e. Whyte and in terms of the investigation I think we need to allow an innocent until proven guilty stance. You on the other hand believe he has gone beyond all redemption with these things and must depart whatever happens.

I consider protest banners like this embarrassing and silly in general and a rather desperate measure as you indicated yourself, i've given Ally plenty of stick as a manager but i'd have the same disapproval if he was the target of such a thing. Now I can't believe anyone with any sort of access to media, even a radio or newspaper, didn't know there was a board meeting going on in the morning, therefore it's not as if all the issues you mentioned were just being swept under the carpet. So if anything the timing seemed rather bizarre as well and just adding further fuel to the fire.

Free speech is a noble notion till you disagree with what's said eh?

You were fortunate enough to find a vehicle for your pro-Green views the other day yet you begrudge others the same privilege.... :hm:

I never begrudged Zappa his anti-Green article did I?

I just hate banners like this,

I never begrudged Zappa his anti-Green article did I?

I just hate banners like this,

Irrespective if you hate them or not they have the right to voice their opinion how they see fit within the boundaries of the law in exactly the same manner as anyone else.

Irrespective if you hate them or not they have the right to voice their opinion how they see fit within the boundaries of the law in exactly the same manner as anyone else.

And others have a right to directly express their disapproval, I did try and do so albeit the bald guy stole all the attention. I would not have torn it down myself.

I never said anything about the forum. I was suggesting that you cancel your internet subscription, and lock yourself in a darkened room for five years minimum as penance for your naivety with regards to Sir Charles of Green. Without getting too personal mate, it's supporters like you, and others, that make people like Green very rich men, for very little output.

I admire anyone that has the balls to write their opinion on a bed sheet, and display it in front of thousands of people. You are quite free to make your own banner, and display your undying love for Charles, if you so wish. Be thankful you live in part of the world that still allows you the freedom to do it.

I do hope this is an attempt at a joke/irony whatever because otherwise i'd seriously worry for your mental health.

What I say on an internet forum really has bugger all to do with making Green or anyone else rich, it wasn't me who put the club into administration or sold to a conman, it wasn't me who didn't pay the bills or run wild with my ego. I just support my club and form my feelings on individuals as we go along, to this day I still argue about David Murray's 'legacy' so it's simply inaccurate to describe me as someone who just follows the leader, I never liked or trusted that man for one.

I have a dislike for banners generally so I will be passing.

Edited by simplythebest

I do hope this is an attempt at a joke/irony whatever because otherwise i'd seriously worry for your mental health.

What I say on an internet forum really has bugger all to do with making Green or anyone else rich, it wasn't me who put the club into administration or sold to a conman, it wasn't me who didn't pay the bills or run wild with my ego. I just support my club and form my feelings on individuals as we go along, to this day I still argue about David Murray's 'legacy' so it's simply inaccurate to describe me as someone who just follows the leader, I never liked or trusted that man for one.

I have a dislike for banners generally so I will be passing.

Just to clarify. There was no jokes/irony in my previous posts to you, so worry away.....

The guy wasn't fucking wrong. Green has actually been found guilty of what exactly? Saving our Club when no other 'blow hard' could come up with the limited amount of cash being asked for? Give me a fucking break!!! If he is guilty then I will castigate him like every other Rangers Man.

The last time we let 16 year olds have their voice at The Club, 200 of them stood outside the Main Stand singing "Greig, Greig, get tae fuck"!! Yes, this is the same guy we later voted the greatest Rangers Man ever. He was a bad manager but should have been treated with more dignity.

Let pups loose with any banners they like and we end up a laughing stock with no class. And fuck the 'democracy' arguement! Democracy only starts when you are 18 for a reason. How many holding that banners are 18?

We should have more class than unveil 'guilty' banners (torn bedsheets!!) before any trial. Is that not what we have been fighting against for the last year? Any coincidence the guy is a bit older? Well done mate - I would have joined you had I been there!!

It is now debatable whether the Rangers men would have paid the price the fact is that Sevco Scotland was possibly illegally given preferred status. The fact is they were never given the chance to raise their bid.

It is now debatable whether the Rangers men would have paid the price the fact is that Sevco Scotland was possibly illegally given preferred status. The fact is they were never given the chance to raise their bid.

It does look that way. Whyte brought in D&P or D&P brought in Whyte. Which ever way suits, they didn't see enough money tabled to give them their pay day so they brought in Zeus and let the fans and investors pay the costs