Charles Green to resign

It is beyond dispute that Charles Green made a positive contribution to Rangers through his raising funds, his courage in defending the club against evil people, his hard work and his willingness to step in to buy the club while others shuffled around.

In a way he was helped by the comparison with the previous CEO, Marti Bain, who was ineffective, in many ways.

My main beef with Charles Green was that he simply didn't have the capabilities to fulfil the office of CEO at Glasgow Rangers. A look at what he was doing following his departure, I believe in 1998, from Sheffield United is less than inspiring.

I have no doubt about two things.

The board who are charged with looking after the interests of people who have invested in our club will ensure that they appoint a new CEO who has demonstrated that he or she has a proven business background.

The other thing which is beynd doubt is that whenever the appointment is announced, that little cretin, Chris McLaughlin, will be outside Ibrox to cast doubt over the appointment and his pals at BBC Scotland, like Enlish, Speirs, Cosgrove and the rest will be finding all sorts of negative things to say.

And so it goes on.

Please sir - can I please, please, please, please have JT's job in the 14 days prior to the appointment and the 7 days after. I could honestly make these cretins look like the tosspots they are.

All disinformation will be free, and my time won't cost the Club a penny.

As a result, Mr Green has informed the Board that he will leave his post with immediate effect and leave the Company, following an orderly handover, by the end of May.

What does this mean? If he's stepping down as CEO with 'immediate effect' does it mean that he'll remain on the board until he's replaced or is it regarding his shareholding?

Guest Bluenose80
no. we need someone with experience as a ceo.

ideally they should be a rangers fan. Malcolm Murray proves how valuable that is.

What exactly has he done which is so valuable?

I have just heard about this and am quite surprised.

Has he resigned to prevent further damage to the club or because of the damage to come? More uncertainty.

One thing is for sure it has never been dull.