The Shameful Treatment Of Charles Green

I'm sorry the man has gone - I actually feel a bit embarassed that it has been handled this way. As you say I've no doubt he did what he had to do with Whyte, just to get it over the line. But I was always pretty sure that there was no real big skeleton in the cupboard waiting to de-rail Rangers' progress.

There will always be stories about our Club around every corner, especially over the next 3 or 4 years until we are back where we belong. However I'm concerned that if we continue to have 'drama queen' knee-jerk reactions every time then we are in for a bumpy ride.

I for one loved the fact that he stood our corner, and if you took a swipe at us then be prepared to be wiping a bloody nose of your own in the process. It's what rallied The People back around the cause again. I fear that too many people have taken that for granted. Look at the age of a lot of our support at the moment - some real young guys in there who love to rally around a leader, especially a fighter. As was said earlier 'be careful what you wish for', especially when season ticket sales renewals come around.

I personally think for all his flaws, and he had a few, his charasmatic leadership and 'No Surrender' spirit reached further than many give him credit for - time will tell. I personally feel deflated today and I'm no spring chicken.

We're still serving a transfer ban that a Scottish Court ruled to be unlawful. Is that the 'No Surrender' spirit you mean? Letting Liewell's puppet Regan and his minions call his bluff?

Who got a bloody nose? He didn't give the SFA or the SPL a bloody nose, that's for sure because we got completely hammered with unprecedented sanctions, thrown out of our league and left without a league to play in at all until the SFL accepted our application. Green had nothing to do with the big tax case result and Celtic's title stripping scam via the SPL investigation was doomed to failure when that big tax case result came through for us. As a matter of interest, Green's initial handling of the SPL's EBT investigation was extremely poor.

So seriously, who did Green battle on our behalf with to such great extent that he bloodied noses? Dundee United because Green & co backed the fans' boycott of Tannadice? He didn't think he had a great deal of choice on that one because he needed to try to keep the fans happy. Ok, so Dundee Hibs lost out on a chunk of cash, but they also put us out of the cup.

Green is gone because he was unfit to be the CEO of Rangers. If he had been a suitable person and had the required credentials, he wouldn't have gotten himself into the situation where he was forced to resign.

I'm sorry the man has gone - I actually feel a bit embarassed that it has been handled this way. As you say I've no doubt he did what he had to do with Whyte, just to get it over the line. But I was always pretty sure that there was no real big skeleton in the cupboard waiting to de-rail Rangers' progress.

There will always be stories about our Club around every corner, especially over the next 3 or 4 years until we are back where we belong. However I'm concerned that if we continue to have 'drama queen' knee-jerk reactions every time then we are in for a bumpy ride.

I for one loved the fact that he stood our corner, and if you took a swipe at us then be prepared to be wiping a bloody nose of your own in the process. It's what rallied The People back around the cause again. I fear that too many people have taken that for granted. Look at the age of a lot of our support at the moment - some real young guys in there who love to rally around a leader, especially a fighter. As was said earlier 'be careful what you wish for', especially when season ticket sales renewals come around.

I personally think for all his flaws, and he had a few, his charasmatic leadership and 'No Surrender' spirit reached further than many give him credit for - time will tell. I personally feel deflated today and I'm no spring chicken.

A fine post!!

I see a lot of people commenting about Green's wealth out of the club but if he got the club back in a stable position then I dont care if he took a helicopter to work and lived in a palace.

Look over at the other end of Glasgow. Fergus McCann came in and made 10 fold of what he put into Celtic and despite having cretins running their club he put them in good sted and headed back to Canada a pretty rich man!

Can we put a few growing myths to bed here? Green did not *stand up for us* or *fight our corner* or anything of the like. Green fought his own corner and did what he had to do to make as much money for himself as he could; He did nothing for Rangers and everything for himself; if the two happened to coincide, so much the better.

Second, far from being treated shamefully, he has been given the opportunity to resign with dignity before he was sacked for gross misconduct. It was clear to anyone who wanted to see that Green was finished last Saturday and if the board had wanted to, they could have fired him there and then leaving him without a face.

Green got hold of the club at our lowest point for the sort of money the Largs lottery winners spend on a summer holiday for their friends - and it is far from clear how exactly he manged to get the club in the first place, he's going to make a packet from us and we have no idea how much that is going to be yet; so let's not feel sorry for someone who has only ever acted in their own interest, possibly -if the pessimists are to be believed - at our great expense.

Can we put a few growing myths to bed here? Green did not *stand up for us* or *fight our corner* or anything of the like. Green fought his own corner and did what he had to do to make as much money for himself as he could; He did nothing for Rangers and everything for himself; if the two happened to coincide, so much the better.

Second, far from being treated shamefully, he has been given the opportunity to resign with dignity before he was sacked for gross misconduct. It was clear to anyone who wanted to see that Green was finished last Saturday and if the board had wanted to, they could have fired him there and then leaving him without a face.

Green got hold of the club at our lowest point for the sort of money the Largs lottery winners spend on a summer holiday for their friends - and it is far from clear how exactly he manged to get the club in the first place, he's going to make a packet from us and we have no idea how much that is going to be yet; so let's not feel sorry for someone who has only ever acted in their own interest, possibly -if the pessimists are to be believed - at our great expense.

now thats a fine post.

For some it seems Green deserves beatification, I find that really odd. I doubt Green is the devil, but he's not the messiah either. He's a businessman who saw an opportunity too make money and took it. Fair enough, not my first preference for the CEO of Rangers but we were vulnerable and he's who we got.

What seems to be missing from much of the analysis on Green's resignation is an understanding of business. Green had clearly lost the confidence of the board, a cardinal sin for any CEO, so right away his competence needs questioned, after all he really only needed to keep half a dozen men onside and he couldn't do that. The Rangers board is a fair cross-section of people too, it's not like it's an 'old' Rangers clique, it has some serious businessmen on it, people I'd expect to be able to see through bullshit, see through spin and focus on what matters, namely the finances and the direction the 'business' is going in. They clearly were unhappy with something that Green was doing or had done. We might never find out exactly what that is but we should consider that these people have more insight, knowledge and experience than most of us in these matters.

Green can be replaced, he can be replaced with someone more able, he's been good copy for the media, they'll miss him, but I'm far from convinced he's some huge missed opportunity.

I believe this is a rubbish post.

As is the amazing thing about varying opinions.