The Rangers Saga â?? Groundhog Day

Green was hounded out by those on the board who wanted him & his guys out. I'm just not convinced those left will be able to take the club forward as we hope. There's a 'jobs-for-life' mentality setting in now starting with the team manager

Once this Craig Whyte nonsense is over (and nothing gets proven) I'm convinced we'll see a takeover of some sort. I'm sure CG has more investors on his side than MM.

green walked away saying it was his choice. Cerberus himself couldn't hound a guy with a brass neck like charlie.

What I mean is he was forced out but for the club's sake isn't making a public fuss over it.

Anyone who thinks we've heard the last from CG is badly deluded IMO. Unless him, IA & their investors sell up I believe we'll see some sort of takeover bid once this Craig Whyte nonsense is past.

Anyone who thinks we've heard the last from CG is badly deluded IMO. Unless him, IA & their investors sell up I believe we'll see some sort of takeover bid once this Craig Whyte nonsense is past.

i would imagine so. green and Ahmed will be counting on it to liquidate their assets.

How do you know that for sure ? Rangers need to become a properly run business.If it mean investors getting their rewards so be it if we're successful on & off the park.

What's your alternative ? continue as we once were ? let's bring back all the Rangers men in their blazers & brown brogues. Let's not care if we get put out 7 cups in 18months. As long as we've got 'RANGERS MEN' then who cares eh ? if the manager wastes money we'll borrow more until we get it right. Don't worry about what the bank says.

We need a club run like a proper business where highly paid individuals are responsible for company performance. Who would most likely get that - CG and co or the blazers and brown brogues? I know who I think would. At present the £750k p.a. manager is failing miserably btw.

You and I are clearly light years apart with our opinions on this Rab. Not even on the same chapter, never mind the same page!

There seems to be a lot of bashing of the old regime going on with this "blazers and brown brogues" patter and I won't support that at all. There were certainly times (like the Dick Advocaat era) when Murray allowed the club's debt to spiral out of control and obviously the whole EBT issue has proven to be a major problem, but for the most part, the club was being run reasonably well by the "Rangers men" Murray employed before Whyte arrived. The second Walter Smith era between Le Guen's departure and Whyte's arrival was a successful period for the club and the level of debt for a club the size of Rangers was peanuts. At one point during that period our debt level was lower than some of the smaller SPL clubs and we were still winning silverware!!

I'm not advocating a strict 'jobs for the boys' policy, but the club needs leadership which the fans can trust and after the events of the past couple of years since Whyte arrived, I think Green & co are now going to have a major problem getting the full trust and support of the fans.

At the end of the day, all the fans want is people running the club who are acting in the best interests of the club and if they come wearing blazers and brown brogues, then as far as I'm concerned that's fine. Just don't give anyone the keys whose surname is a f^*king colour!

I disagree, it could easily be a case of 'resign or we'll turn Rangers fans right against you, they trust us as Rangers men'.

You're scraping the bottom of the barrel with nonsense like this.

Murray was never challenged enough on his management, that's where my resentment stems back to tbh.

david murray bought rangers with 5 million of debt and sold it 22 years later with 14 million of debt.

in that time he must have won 30 trophies and he transformed the stadium. though he had a great start to work with.

his really only mistake if you allow for the fact we won the ebt case was selling to whyte and that was very very much challenged.