The Rangers Saga â?? Groundhog Day

Really? I think this issue has shown we all have our own theories.

Indeed, but there's no need to troll the forums trying to force them down peoples' throats on every thread you can turn into an argument.

Indeed, but there's no need to troll the forums trying to force them down peoples' throats on every thread you can turn into an argument.

I think that's a pretty cheap shot especially considering i've tried to contribute to the site and all.

If i'm excessive i'm hardly the only one, and there's plenty of the same on the 'side' you favour.

You and I are clearly light years apart with our opinions on this Rab. Not even on the same chapter, never mind the same page!

There seems to be a lot of bashing of the old regime going on with this "blazers and brown brogues" patter and I won't support that at all. There were certainly times (like the Dick Advocaat era) when Murray allowed the club's debt to spiral out of control and obviously the whole EBT issue has proven to be a major problem, but for the most part, the club was being run reasonably well by the "Rangers men" Murray employed before Whyte arrived. The second Walter Smith era between Le Guen's departure and Whyte's arrival was a successful period for the club and the level of debt for a club the size of Rangers was peanuts. At one point during that period our debt level was lower than some of the smaller SPL clubs and we were still winning silverware!!

I'm not advocating a strict 'jobs for the boys' policy, but the club needs leadership which the fans can trust and after the events of the past couple of years since Whyte arrived, I think Green & co are now going to have a major problem getting the full trust and support of the fans.

At the end of the day, all the fans want is people running the club who are acting in the best interests of the club and if they come wearing blazers and brown brogues, then as far as I'm concerned that's fine. Just don't give anyone the keys whose surname is a f^*king colour!

During the second walter era the debt reached £30m or so. LBG had taken over HBOS and were putting the squeeze on MIM throughout as its debt neared £700m. Getting put out by KAUNUS in 2008 blew a massive hole in the finances from which I don't think we ever really recovered during SDM's time.We thought nothing of paying out millions for players who were duds.

We cannot return to these ways again. Higher performances targets must be set for the Rangers manager. Getting put out of Europe by Kaunus, Malmo, Maribor etc at the qualifiers must be a sacking offence for the manager. It wasn't under SDM but should now be. Will the blazers & brown brogues' enfore it? probably not.

I thought CG & co when they arrived raised the bar more than a little to which some of the jobs-for-the-boys brigade wouldn't be able to handle. With CG gone I hope we have someone to take on our enemies at the sfa/spl & mhedia. As yet I cannot see anyone. Mentioning the return of Bain was frankly just about the last thing I wanted to hear.

david murray bought rangers with 5 million of debt and sold it 22 years later with 14 million of debt.

in that time he must have won 30 trophies and he transformed the stadium. though he had a great start to work with.

his really only mistake if you allow for the fact we won the ebt case was selling to whyte and that was very very much challenged.

challenged ? do you mean blackmailed ? you do know who was running LBG's Scottish business division at that time don't you?

MIM had debts of £700m yet they seemed more concerned with Rangers' £18m debt. Wonder why?

challenged ? do you mean blackmailed ? you do know who was running LBG's Scottish business division at that time don't you?

MIM had debts of £700m yet they seemed more concerned with Rangers' £18m debt. Wonder why?

aj, bain, p murray all challenged the sale to whyte. p murray even went out and found 25 million to try and stop it. probably dave kings 25 million.

Probably because the potential fall out of the EBT's which had grown from a potential debt of £40m to £140m if you believed the Scottish Mhedia. Any prudent business would want to reduce it's exposure to this additional potential debt. I am not saying that there wasn't the added bonus of the LBG decision makers screwing us over, but if you could get back your £18m in one go and remove your potential tax debt, you would jump at the opportunity.

If this investigation doesn't actually bring up anything new or significant then I think I would welcome this, the manner of Green's departure has left me very uncomfortable about the motives of some of our board.

Your faith in Green is bewildering. I'm coming to the conclusion that a strand of our support simply require to have unquestioning loyalty to someone, no matter who it is. I actually wonder if somewhere in the subconscious of the Lowland Scot and Northern Irish there is need to be loyal, it's in our DNA now.

Green is a liar and a buffoon, he might actually be a lot worse than too, but for now we know for sure he is those two things. That alone should exclude him from holding any position at our club.